Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hanson Classic
PostPosted: December 31st, 2013, 12:57 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

It's just about January and we all have the one date circled in the calendar, the Hanson Classic, January 25th.
What are some match-ups you would like to see being spot lighted at the Corn Palace?

Me, JVC & White River. Let the two heavyweights slug it out.
Platte and Langford. I think that is the best matchup.
Sully-Buttes and Hanson?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

Post subject: Re: Hanson Classic
PostPosted: December 31st, 2013, 1:11 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

If JVC and Langford are both undefeated and ranked 1 and 2, then a guy almost has to match them up. Langford will be undefeated. JVC has a tough schedule coming up with Wolsey once and probably twice with the 281 conference tourney. If they do, then I don't see how they don't.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffen Glue!

PostPosted: December 31st, 2013, 2:40 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Platte and Langford would be interesting if platte was in it. But unfortunately they're not. Sorry

PostPosted: December 31st, 2013, 8:04 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Whoops. They are in the DWU classic. My fault.
So, if JVC and Langford play each other, White River and Hanson?, Sully Buttes and ??.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2013, 8:31 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

sdball2012 wrote:
Whoops. They are in the DWU classic. My fault.
So, if JVC and Langford play each other, White River and Hanson?, Sully Buttes and ??.

could go something like this (Not in order of times)

Sanborn vs. Centerville
Sully vs. Ethan
Hanson vs. WR
Langford vs. JVC

Clark-WL vs. McCook
St. Tommy vs. Sioux Valley
Sisseton vs. Chamberlain
Roncalli vs. Parkston

sometimes they match up Class B vs. Class A teams. I wouldn't mind seeing WR vs Sioux Valley.

A few teams left out that I would have liked to see there is Wolsey-Wessington, Madison, and Faith.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 10:54 am 
Manager
Manager

JVC - Langford would be a classic. Predicted these two teams for the title in March all summer, not going to change that at this point. Hope this happens.

"Use all the legends and run them off the floor. That would have won us a title Captain!"

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 11:49 am 
GM
GM

thecloser wrote:
JVC - Langford would be a classic. Predicted these two teams for the title in March all summer, not going to change that at this point. Hope this happens.

I agree that JVC vs Langford would be a classic ... fingers crossed that it happens and that it is a good game. Remember the White River vs JVC regular season game last year? That was a classic too with White River winning a closely contested one.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 10:23 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Jvc will be lucky to be undefeated

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 10:46 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

JVC is no longer undefeated.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2014, 6:43 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Just curious how does Lake Preston score 70 on Hanson? is that score posted wrong? Hanson 77 Lake Preston 70 injuries? illness? or is Lake Preston actually have some potential?

PostPosted: January 4th, 2014, 9:04 am 
Manager
Manager

HANSON 77, LAKE PRESTON 70 in Lake Preston – Taylor Nichols had 30 points and six assists to lead Hanson (5-1). Jordan Marquardt added 24 points. Hanson hosts Mount Vernon-Plankinton on Thursday. For Lake Preston (2-4), Cole Casper scored 21 points and Brock Bumann 20. Casper added seven rebounds. Lake Preston visits Dell Rapids St. Mary on Tuesday.

"Use all the legends and run them off the floor. That would have won us a title Captain!"

PostPosted: January 5th, 2014, 6:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

I want to see white river play the best team in mitchell.

If you aren't going all the way, why go at all? -Joe Namath

PostPosted: January 5th, 2014, 7:24 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Who is that team gonna be? Langford?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2014, 9:36 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

If Langford beats Clark and Castlewood they should be undefeated. By that time Larson will be playing. So I'd say Langford would be the team.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Langford has as a good shot as anyone. JVC schedule coming up is pretty tough. But I think it's pretty obvious Langford is for real.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2014, 1:48 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

I would like to see Ethan or Hanson up against Langford. They are two very solid teams with some great players. Hanson was beat by JVC and Ethan beat JVC. But also Hanson defeated Ethan by 15 in Ethan's gym where JVC was beat. I believe that this district is for real this year and may have a state champion in it. Time will tell. Hopefully everyone stays healthy!

PostPosted: January 8th, 2014, 4:39 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Quote:
I would like to see Ethan or Hanson up against Langford. They are two very solid teams with some great players. Hanson was beat by JVC and Ethan beat JVC. But also Hanson defeated Ethan by 15 in Ethan's gym where JVC was beat. I believe that this district is for real this year and may have a state champion in it. Time will tell. Hopefully everyone stays healthy!

Few things, It's going to be Langford vs. WR as the evening matchup. The powers that be are going to want and pack the stands. Also, I'm not sure if you are saying this or not but there is NO way those 3 teams are interchangeable. I really don't know how much stock you can put into 1st games on the schedule which is when Hanson played Ethan. After seeing all 3 teams play (Hanson vs. JVC in Parkston, and the Ethan JVC game I've watched the game on replay thanks to Santel (mitchell area will know). I personally think 2 of the 3 are elite, in my eyes Hanson is not there yet. I want to see them play more quality competition and if you check their schedule they will not be tested for a while. Ethan has had 1 big win but then also, what other quality wins do they have? JVC took a hit the other night but they are still a top 2-3 team in the state. Finally, to say a State Champ will come from district 8 is EXTREMELY premature. All 3 teams are in the Hanson Classic... that's where we will hopefully get to see where they stand

PostPosted: January 8th, 2014, 5:05 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Like I said there may be a state title contender in district 8. And also time will tell. To me there are no teams this year that will run away with it like white river did the last two. We all pretty much knew at the start of last season that the tigers would win it! This year their are a hand full of teams that will contest. And I believe Hanson and Ethan are 2 of them. It is a long season and a lot can happen. Every team has somethin they need to improve on. For instance if Hanson would've had 11 turnovers instead of 22 against jvc they probably would've won that game. But they didn't, so it looks like they will have to work on that. The bottom line will be who can be playin their best basketball at district and beyond time. Hanson and Ethan have all the right pieces to the puzzle to contend. As long as they have the puzzle put together at the right time!

PostPosted: January 9th, 2014, 1:40 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I do think that Ethan or Hanson are Region contenders but state title contenders? No, to early to tell. Looks like Hanson plays too undisciplined with too many turnovers and who scores 70pts on them, need some work on defense, maybe? Haven't seen Ethan play yet but the Myer boys, Jace Conner and Blake Bartscher have been playing together along time where Hanson has transfers/recruits playing so that might be the difference in style of play. Hanson looks like they are playing open gym style, but that was only one game I saw. It will be fun to watch when they match up at district time, it will probably be who whats it more.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2014, 7:52 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Both have the studs to go deep come tournament time (Bartscher-Ethan and Marquardt-Hanson), but there's a lot of season left to be played.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]