Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: SD Hockey Rankings
PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 7:39 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Well it's that time of the year again. Let's see everyone's picks for the year.

On a side note, I went up to Brookings last night to watch Brookings and Watertown (thinking this may be a state final battle). Boy what a terrible hockey game!!! It looked like Brookings picked up where they left off going up 5-0 while Watertown just tried to play physical (which they can't) thus ending up in the penalty box all night. But then something happened in the 3rd period that I had not seen Brookings do in a long time. They thought they were tuff and started getting the stupid penalties. Maybe it's the new coaches they have but it really looked like the kids were running the show. No discipline and no systems!!!

So, here are my two cents:
Brookings
Rushmore
Huron
Watertown
Pierre
SF West
Mitchell
SF East
Aberdeen
Sioux Center

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

Post subject: Re: SD Hockey Rankings
PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 2:45 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

IMO, the standings are going to be crazy this year. There is going to be a lot of "how the hell did that happen" games this year. Obviously its Brookings to lose, but from watching them they look unorganized and out of form. Still really early for everyone though.

My early Season Rankings
1. Brookings- Should win again, but team/coaches need to figure it out
2. Rushmore- Bring back the same core from last year for the most part. They could make a run, after all it is Rushmore
3. Pierre- Think the early results are to good to be true. We will see how they do, top players are younger, Goalie an issue
4. Watertown- 15 seniors this year, kinda scary their this inconsistent. They can be as good as they wanna be. they will not do anything if Bubba doesnt contribute pts.
5. Huron- Cinderella Story? I doubt it, but they have 3 guys that can play some hockey. To short of bench to make a run. Its unfortunate for those kids that have potential. Its what Huron has become though
6. SF West- State Runner up last year. Lost the core of that team, looks like they will struggle with such a young team. They have potential to do some damage, I dont see it happening though.
7. SF East- Decently older team, have some depth from what I saw, but no goal scorers. It would be nice to see a SF team finally win one after I believe 4 years in a row in the ship? East is the team this year if its out of SF.
8. Mitchell- A little bit of an unknown still, I heard Spencer Neuagabuer(sp) was quitting to focus on football (dont blame him). If thats true this team went from a scary matchup to at best average.
9. Aberdeen- Nothing really to guess on here, they have 2 kids that can play hockey and thats about it. I heard the lost to Brookings JV team?
10. Sioux Center- I have not seen them play, but have heard they have a descent #1 goalie and a few kids that can hurt if given a chance.

This weekend will help pan some things out with Watertown already playing Brookings. They also play ierre Sunday. Huron plays Mitchell tonight and both SF teams this weekend. Aberdeen plays Pierre tonight and plays Rushmore Saturday/Sunday.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2016, 7:36 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Two weekends have passed now and I got to watch some of the games. Here are my early season rankings

1. Brookings
2. Rushmore
3. West
4. Watertown
5. Pierre
6. East
7. Huron
8. Sioux Center
9. Mitchell
10. Aberdeen

East vs Watertown thursday night

PostPosted: December 29th, 2016, 11:49 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

1) Brookings
2) Rushmore
3) Watertown
4) Oahe
5) Huron
6) Sioux Falls-East
7) Sioux Fall - West
8) Mitchell
9) Sioux Center
10) Aberdeen

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 12:42 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

With another weekend past we can redo some past rankings. After watching some games and hearing about other teams from others, this is how I would rank them regardless of record.

1. Brookings
2. SF West
3. Rushmore
4. Watertown
5. Oahe
6. Huron
7. SF East
8. Mitchell
9. Aberdeen
10. Sioux Center

PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 2:02 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

HockeyGuru wrote:
With another weekend past we can redo some past rankings. After watching some games and hearing about other teams from others, this is how I would rank them regardless of record.

1. Brookings
2. SF West
3. Rushmore
4. Watertown
5. Oahe
6. Huron
7. SF East
8. Mitchell
9. Aberdeen
10. Sioux Center

Not to far off. After this past weekends games I would place them as follows:

1. Brookings- Still the team to beat, but not the dominate team we saw last year. This is years team is beatable.
2. SF West- Beat Watertown Friday night 2-0 and Aberdeen 5-0 Saturday. They took Brookings to OT and lossed. This team is a big surprise after graduating the core of last years team. Could they be in the finals again this year?
3. Rushmore- Not a good enough resume to put them in front of SF West. They have played Aberdeen, Mitchell, Sioux Center and Pierre. They have a tough road ahead Watertown, SF West and Brookings all in a row. That will tell us what kind of team they are.
4. Watertown- Ill give this team the benefit of having an off weekend. They have a deep talented team, maybe just have not put it together yet. Dont think their coach is doing them any favors from what i have been told.
5. Huron- This team could be dangerous. Their top line is dangerous, this team will go as they go. Could be a tough out in the first round of state whoever gets them.
6. Pierre- To inconsistent. They have played at least 2 more games then every one else and only have 13 points. They should get passed in the next coming weeks with not playing very many games. They still have Rushmore 1 and Brookings 2.
7. Aberdeen- Had a good couple weeks. Upset SF East and Watertown.
8. SF East- Whats going on with this team? They have talent on the team. They look good one game and awful the next.
9. Mitchell- Dont know why, but they were short players this last weekend in Rapid. Hopefully not hurt, could be a long rest of the season if thats the case.
10. SC- At least they try and compete at varsity unlike yankton and taking the easy way out.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2017, 4:57 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Rankings as of now (not based on points)

1. Rushmore
2. Brookings
3. SF West
4. Pierre
5. Watertown
6. Huron
7. SF East
8. Mitchell
9. SC
10. Aberdeen

for the most part 1-4 are locked in any order and 5-7 is locked in any order

Search for: