All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Coaching Openings
PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 2:20 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Anything out there so far?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

Post subject: Re: Coaching Openings
PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 3:50 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Brookings is trying? They don't want coach back but coach has hired a lawyer to keep his coaching job but retire from teaching. Sounds like it will be a complete mess.

PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 8:47 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Watertown has an opening as Todd Jutting is retiring from teaching and coaching.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 7:44 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Any clue on applicants for these 2 AA jobs?

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 10:10 am 
Walk On
Walk On

The Brookings job is toooooooo messy right now. Current coach is telling parents and players he is fighting to keep his job. If the school board or AD don't grow some balls and make a decision very soon who would want the job. If they wait to long the top candidate BHS might want could be gone. Brookings is in a perfect situation to get who they want for the future but current coach is holding them back. Some people need to realize their time is over and to move on. Especially since they don't win enough to get to the final 8.

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 1:43 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

So Watertown will get the best candidate & Brookings will get what is left it sounds like.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 12:15 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Brookings high school is advertising for a new head coach and assistant coach as well, ad states that openings will close April 26. New blood is very very much needed for this program. I hope they hire someone who can bring back the fire to the girls program from all the grade levels.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 2:31 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Who really would wants to be a coach these days? The Kid's/ Parents run the show anymore it's getting harder and harder to watch.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 7:24 am 
Manager
Manager

Graindust 2 wrote:
Who really would wants to be a coach these days? The Kid's/ Parents run the show anymore it's getting harder and harder to watch.

Ain't that the truth. I wouldn't touch my hometowns job with a 10 foot pole. The blinders the parents wear are thick.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffen Glue!

PostPosted: April 26th, 2017, 9:04 am 
Walk On
Walk On

I see that Watertown has given the job to Mattingly. But I had heard from a source that Watertown sent out letters to other current coaches asking them to apply for the job. Is that normal practice to recruit a coach that is already employed at a different school? I like it because like many professions you want to hire the best for your company/school.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2017, 8:55 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Normally I would say a coach is as good as there record says they are. But with coach Fred, I feel he is a way better coach than his record shows. The man is a complete gym rat and absolutely knows how to teach and coach the game of basketball. He loves the sport and working with students. But for whatever reason, Brookings students will not play or even go out for the sport. He just happens to be the coach. Very few coaches would have success in Brookings.

I have talked with several area coaches and BHS alumni that teach and coach else where and they has shared a similar theme. They do not want to coach in Brookings. Mainly stating the over involvement of parents and the culture of entitlement their children have especially as athletes. For whatever the reason, it seems their is not near the pride in being a student athlete at BHS and being a Bobcat. But the pay to play sports and parent run sports organizations play favor in Brookings.

It sad really, to many dream of being a Jackrabbit or higher, but cannot lower themselves to be a Bobcat first.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 9:28 am 
Walk On
Walk On

I see on Madison's website the Head Girls position is open, anyone have any information on what is going on there?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]