Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 2017 volleyball
PostPosted: August 1st, 2017, 1:24 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Been quiet, any thoughts on the upcoming season. Maybe biggest changes are the sweet 16 for class 'B' which should help Warner/Northwestern reach the state tournament in class 'B'.

Also Parker goes to class 'A' this season. I'll take a stab at pre season ranks, haven't followed 'A' nearly as much as 'B' the past few seasons

Preseason:
Class A
Dakota Valley
SFC
Madison
Parker
?

Class B
Northwestern
Warner
Chester
?
?
?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

Post subject: Re: 2017 volleyball
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 5:57 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

PheasantFaN wrote:
Been quiet, any thoughts on the upcoming season. Maybe biggest changes are the sweet 16 for class 'B' which should help Warner/Northwestern reach the state tournament in class 'B'.

Also Parker goes to class 'A' this season. I'll take a stab at pre season ranks, haven't followed 'A' nearly as much as 'B' the past few seasons

Preseason:
Class A
Dakota Valley
SFC
Madison
Parker
?

Class B
Northwestern
Warner
Chester
?
?
?

Does Dakota Valley have a new coach this year? Thought I remember hearing that they were advertising for a new coach last spring. If so, what impact does that have on DV?

PostPosted: August 11th, 2017, 6:23 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Yes according to the SDHSAA website they have a new coach. Do they return most of their starters?

PostPosted: August 16th, 2017, 9:07 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

What about AA? Harrisburg have a chance at repeating?

PostPosted: August 17th, 2017, 9:21 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Not nearly as familiar with 'AA', but I have heard that Harrisburg will be very solid once again, although the loss of Slaughter will be tough. I would imagine the usual suspects will once again be at the top

A couple other teams that came to mind on the 'A' side are SV & MCM- not sure what West Central, BH, or Custer lost from last year but could all be teams to watch...Big East Conference will have some fun match-ups to keep an eye on.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2017, 9:42 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I think Florence/Henry is going to be a top five team this year in B. May not get to state with Northwestern and Warner but they should be able to compete this year.

Mitchell in AA should be much more competitive this year also. A team that's been real young but now are upperclassmen and have solid varsity experience.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2017, 10:01 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Voltaire wrote:
I think Florence/Henry is going to be a top five team this year in B. May not get to state with Northwestern and Warner but they should be able to compete this year.

Mitchell in AA should be much more competitive this year also. A team that's been real young but now are upperclassmen and have solid varsity experience.

Don't know much about F/H, but as history has shown not many can compete with Warner/NW in either A or B. Chester is always solid along with Arlington after that it falls off pretty quick.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]