Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Midco Sports Rankings
PostPosted: August 9th, 2017, 7:29 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I heard midco gave rankings out for each class. I missed it so I'm curious what they ranked each class and thoughts on the rankings.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

PostPosted: August 11th, 2017, 1:47 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Can't remember all of them but 9B was 1) Colome 2) Colman Egan 3) Harding County 4) Faulkton

9AA: 1) Gregory 2) Parkston 3) Bon Homme - The OLD SESD is BACK!

9A: 1) Canistota/Freeman

11AAA: 1) SF Wash then 2-5 was Roose, OG, Lincoln, & BV. Not sure this was the order

11B: 1) Winner 2) BEE

PostPosted: August 11th, 2017, 9:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mark my words. Colman Eagan walks in 9B

Gregory1 9AA Wolsey 2 9AA

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffen Glue!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2017, 9:52 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Captain consider them Marked.
I was actually surprised with Midco they ranked all 3 9-man classes separately usually they lump all 3 together and have a top 5.

How far west of the river is considered west river?

Last edited by old moose on August 17th, 2017, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2017, 10:13 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

This year Midco is combining all of the media outlets from past years. Or most anyway.

But if you think Jason Andera at Midco hasn't been paying attention to 9 man you could not be more wrong! The man knows his stuff! I trust him more than anyone else in this state, including my good friend Captain Tony! :-)

I'm right where I belong!

PostPosted: August 14th, 2017, 10:22 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

And here you go!

http://www.kdlt.com/2017/08/14/preseaso ... ball-poll/

I'm right where I belong!

PostPosted: August 15th, 2017, 7:37 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Can someone explain to me why Bon Homme gets so much love in these polls? Every since they dropped down to 9 man they've been hyped up, I haven't seen them make it out of quarterfinals yet. Pretty good chance they start the season 0-4

SO YOUR SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE

PostPosted: August 15th, 2017, 8:43 am 
Starter
Starter

I thought maybe this poll would be a little better. Wrong. Chamberlain receiving 2 first place votes? They have a good chance of going 3-5. Canton gets no love in 11B after dropping down from A, yet WWSSC and MVP both get HM moving up from 9AA. I'd really like to find out what some of these people base their votes on.

The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep scratching

PostPosted: August 15th, 2017, 9:29 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

I really appreciate Midco coverage of all sports here in South Dakota. They are best at covering 9-man here in the state and I like to watch whenever I can. But as far as the polling is what was meant by my earlier post and it has some to be desired. Andera does an excellent at covering High school Football and he needs to keep it up!

How far west of the river is considered west river?

PostPosted: August 15th, 2017, 11:10 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

MB3, I do agree with you that the 11B poll is off & Canton will be good. (they have had excellent SD JR. FB teams through the years) & this group is mostly soph's & juniors. What about Sioux Valley?? They played BEE twice & lost by a combined 2 points or something like that & have a strong Nucleus back. No way is Groton or Roncalli going to be as tough as they have been & it is finally nice to see Chamberlain have a legit schedule. I'm sure they are happier about it as well. Chamberlain has a new coach which should improve them immediately & they have a quarterback that has some experience & the strongest dude in the state playing interior line!! They will be interesting to keep an eye on. One other team.......Mobridge-Pollock could have an interesting year. The game of the week will be Winner vs. SF Christian & I'd say whoever wins that game should be number 1 moving forward.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2017, 11:21 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

A couple of notes on 2 nine man polls. Bid D, I totally agree with you on Bon Homme. They have done nothing in 9AA to date & I don't think Can/Freeman will be as tough as recent years. Canistota lost their 2nd best player to McCook Central/Montrose this year but they still have Jolley. They lost both all-staters from their line from a year ago & Freeman's best player is only a Sophmore. Most of the time 9A is the weakest class of 9 man, so, who knows they may be just fine but certainly nothing like they have been which is totally understandable. The nice thing about Canistota this year is that Freeman will be recognized since they have been without a noticeable program for the last few years.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2017, 2:22 pm 
Starter
Starter

captain Tony wrote:
Mark my words. Colman Eagan walks in 9B

Captain- Thoughts on Colome? New coach but have lots of talented underclassmen returning. I don't see anyone touching either of them, but Colome and Colman should be a good battle I think/hope.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]