Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Class A 2017-2018
PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 8:43 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

The Sanford Pentagon Summer jam wrapped up yesterday evening. In the top division featuring some big talent, the regular season standings ended as followed: (1) Madison (2) SFC (3) Sioux Valley (4) Tea (5) SF Lincoln (6) SF Roosevelt (7) Lennox (8) Dell Rapids (9) Bridgewater emery (10) Mitchell. The top four regular season teams comprised the championship bracket where 1 played 4 and 2 played 3 to determine a champion. All four teams seemed to miss a piece or two, but it seemed like Tea had the most key pieces there and healthy. Tea and Madison wasn't real close as Tea finished off the Bulldogs 77-61. SV and SFC was a little more competitive, going back and forth with some good players going at it. The Cossacks would outlast the Chargers which would set up a Tea and Sioux valley championship. A back and forth game eventually resulted in overtime, and a Max Nielson layup gave the Sioux valley Cossacks a two point win in overtime. One thing that sticks out to me is the fact that four class A teams were the final four, and it could potentially be the final four teams in March! Some really good athletes headline these four teams, and it could make for an exciting class A season. Fiegen, Janke's, Hanson, Olson, Friedel, Oppold, and Unruh are just a few to look out for with these top four!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

Post subject: Re: Class A 2017-2018
PostPosted: September 10th, 2017, 8:13 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Madison needs to find another reliable starter - too bad there is not another White or Wiebe brother on this years team Fiegen needs to stay out of foul trouble and he'll be a stud this year. If the Janke's can step up their game - Madison might be in the hunt again.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 11:20 am 
Rookie
Rookie

TennesseeHusker wrote:
Madison needs to find another reliable starter - too bad there is not another White or Wiebe brother on this years team Fiegen needs to stay out of foul trouble and he'll be a stud this year. If the Janke's can step up their game - Madison might be in the hunt again.

There isn't a Wiebe or White, but the Giles kid is a good player to compliment Fiegen and the Janke twins. They will need 3-4 other guys to step up.

My top teams for the start of the year:

1. Tea
2. SFC
3. Madison
4. Sioux Valley
5. Dell Rapids

Who does everyone else have?

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 12:02 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

MyloMan wrote:
TennesseeHusker wrote:

There isn't a Wiebe or White, but the Giles kid is a good player to compliment Fiegen and the Janke twins. They will need 3-4 other guys to step up.

My top teams for the start of the year:

1. Tea
2. SFC
3. Madison
4. Sioux Valley
5. Dell Rapids

Agree 100% Giles will be a great addition to the starters for this yr. in Madison, he should have played more last yr. always brought a spark to the floor ea. time he came out. 4 solid starters and yes who will step up, Comus (sp) Brown, Brooks, Riley I'm forgetting one here, but yeah gonna be a crap shoot as to who 5,6 &7... will be, I think Tea will be the team to beat.

Who does everyone else have?

PostPosted: September 16th, 2017, 2:39 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I would say that's a good starting 5. E. Fiedel was a freaking star for Tea and they will struggle to fill his shoes and keep the double off Noah. SFC executes but lacks athleticism. Their sophomore class is loaded. Madison has 4 starting spots sewn up by seniors and could go with a 5'9" junior guard, or either of a 6'5" or 6'2" soph forwards both of whom are fluid and run the floor very well.

Dark horse: Lennox with some great underclassmen coming up.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 6:33 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Gideon wrote:
Madison has 4 starting spots sewn up by seniors and could go with a 5'9" junior guard, or either of a 6'5" or 6'2" soph forwards both of whom are fluid and run the floor very well.

Who would be those sophs for Madison? Since I live in Tennessee, I only get to watch the varsity on the podcasts. In the old days, I would have attended the freshman and JV games and have known what talent was moving up.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 7:51 am 
Walk On
Walk On

TennesseeHusker wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Madison has 4 starting spots sewn up by seniors and could go with a 5'9" junior guard, or either of a 6'5" or 6'2" soph forwards both of whom are fluid and run the floor very well.

Who would be those sophs for Madison? Since I live in Tennessee, I only get to watch the varsity on the podcasts. In the old days, I would have attended the freshman and JV games and have known what talent was moving up.

Brooks kid at about 6'5" is one I think Gideon is referring to, and he is gonna be good! not sure who the other Gideon is thinking about. Saw the Brooks kids freshman sister play volleyball last night and boy is she an athlete also! and 6'2" already, Athletic family! Nice you are keeping track of the Dogs from Tenn.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2017, 8:12 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Tyler Tappe is the other 6'2 sophomore, Brown would be the junior guard, I believe. I really think Brown with varsity experience might be a possibility and that the two sophomores might benefit from one more year of JV. The Madison team has good talent but lacks depth right now. Several teams (like Tea, maybe SV, etc.) might have more depth and proven experience. The Bulldogs will be good and their total success will depend on experience and improvement. Mike Ricke is an amazing motivator/coach, but may take a season, at least, to repeat the success of past years. We will just have to see how it all shakes out, I guess.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 7:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Question: how will Vermillion be this year? I know they graduated Williams, but Plitzuweit will be one of the best players in the state this year. I was surprised he didn't have more D1 offers, but Augustana will be a great fit for him. Who does he have around him?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]