1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 1:44 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Dakotaknows wrote:
gp+3 wrote:
DakotaDoesn'tKnow

WC has won more with less than any school in the state. With the football dominance you have had I would expect you to be dominate in wrestling or at least competitive in Basketball but you haven't been. Mueller gets the best out of his kids. I only am aware of one o-lineman playing d-1 from your teams. The 2017 seniors lost to Vermillion 6-24 in 7th grade and 0-6 in 8th grade at the dome, this years seniors were blown out by 30 both years. We are talking about a Varsity team that wins 1 game a year. You are misremembering the dominance of this team when it was younger. WC will be back because of great coaching you are on a downward cycle of athletes or maybe its the commitment of the athletes. Either way many towns would love to be in your situation with Mueller as coach.

I think you misunderstood. The senior class last year never lost a game. The Junior class this year has never lost a game. You are very right about the senior class this year. 6 of the 8 kids I talk about are from the Junior class this year. One of the biggest studs of that Junior group opened enrolled to Tea.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 1:48 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I completely understand and you are mistaken. I cant speak about their other games BUT the kids from the 2016 team that graduated in 2017 lost to Vermillion twice and the kids that are seniors now that will graduate in 2018 also lost to Vermillion twice. Not even a question you are misremembering those teams "never losing a game."

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 1:50 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

You're right on one thing Dakotaknows the kid who transferred to Tea was a big stud in 6th grade because he matured before everyone else. We will see where he ends up, my guess would be NAIA and won't make it a year. Best of luck with your younger son at another school, hopefully they hire you as the HC or little Timmy won't get a fair shot their in your eyes either. I hope you still live in the WC school district, I hear your tax dollars are fully funding Coach Muellers salary. The offer still stand for the drinks.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 2:20 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Didn't go to WC.
Don't live in Hartford, Humboldt, Ellis or anywhere else in the WC district.
I have visited the 38 Roadhouse on numerous occasions if that counts?

Sorry to hear about #2 not playing for WC. I'm sure that he is a talented kid and he will be missed.
Maybe you could look into SF Christian I heard that they are better than Winner was last year.
That must mean that the Sioux Valley team is ready to take on SF Washington!

Whatever you decide good luck to you and your son.

Oh by the way.
You didn't respond to me on how you answered your son when he told you that he was quitting?

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 2:23 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Trojan Horse wrote:
You're right on one thing Dakotaknows the kid who transferred to Tea was a big stud in 6th grade because he matured before everyone else. We will see where he ends up, my guess would be NAIA and won't make it a year. Best of luck with your younger son at another school, hopefully they hire you as the HC or little Timmy won't get a fair shot their in your eyes either. I hope you still live in the WC school district, I hear your tax dollars are fully funding Coach Muellers salary. The offer still stand for the drinks.

What is your problem? I told you I would take you up on your drinks. Lmao
Thank God we never lived in town.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 3:53 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

sodakhemis wrote:
Didn't go to WC.

Sorry to hear about #2 not playing for WC. I'm sure that he is a talented kid and he will be missed.
Maybe you could look into SF Christian I heard that they are better than Winner was last year.

Oh by the way.
You didn't respond to me on how you answered your son when he told you that he was quitting?

Yes going to 38 Roadhouse counts. Lol

I am sorry I didn't see your question. When my son quit I told him I was disappointed and to make sure he doesn't regret his decision. I wanted to force him to keep playing. But that would have only been for me. I am not one of those dads that lives their lives through their sons. They were just a couple games into the season last year. It is really sad because he loved football. He use to sit and watch football games. Now he won't and wants nothing to do with the game.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 8:17 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

My point was just proven tonight!

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 9:40 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

I think being a 1-4 team and putting a real scare into the Bulldogs tonight shows very good coaching and good play by a young team. Your point was not proven at all ----- end of story.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2017, 10:59 am 
Rookie
Rookie

As a casual fan of HS football and attendee to games several years ago in which West Central was the visiting team [so, I don't live in Hartford, nor Humboldt, nor the geographic confines of the West Central school district]:

I came to recognize Coach Mueller as a master of making halftime adjustments and in making quick re-organization of his troups to respond to the circumstances of the game; to change the results for the balance of the game. I vividly recall seeing him reorganizing the chess pieces at half time in the end zone.

I can recall a couple of times when the hometown lads, had turned in solid 1st half performance. Scored points, sometimes easily. And stymied the vanilla, but usually-effective Trojan offense. On those occasions, the hometown spectator might be enticed to think "tonight is the night; we are finally going to beat West Central".

But then there were the halftime adjustments and reorganization. And the 2nd half of play. More times than not West Central won. Again.

Of course, Dakotaknows will ask "what about the adjustments in the 2nd half of the recent game with Madision - they lost the lead?" [see my post in the thread which directly pertains to this game] But, IMO, the Trojans did not quit ! Even if not for their coach, they kept playing for one another.

I haven't attended a game in which West Central has been a contestant for a few years. Dakotaknows, you and others in the community are entitled to the "yah, but what has he done lately" attitude. But, I would be surprised that Coach Mueller has changed and suddenly become a crappy coach in the past couple of years.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2017, 4:35 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

gguy wrote:
As a casual fan of HS football and attendee to games several years ago in which West Central was the visiting team [so, I don't live in Hartford, nor Humboldt, nor the geographic confines of the West Central school district]:

I came to recognize Coach Mueller as a master of making halftime adjustments and in making quick re-organization of his troups to respond to the circumstances of the game; to change the results for the balance of the game. I vividly recall seeing him reorganizing the chess pieces at half time in the end zone.

I can recall a couple of times when the hometown lads, had turned in solid 1st half performance. Scored points, sometimes easily. And stymied the vanilla, but usually-effective Trojan offense. On those occasions, the hometown spectator might be enticed to think "tonight is the night; we are finally going to beat West Central".

But then there were the halftime adjustments and reorganization. And the 2nd half of play. More times than not West Central won. Again.

Of course, Dakotaknows will ask "what about the adjustments in the 2nd half of the recent game with Madision - they lost the lead?" [see my post in the thread which directly pertains to this game] But, IMO, the Trojans did not quit ! Even if not for their coach, they kept playing for one another.

I haven't attended a game in which West Central has been a contestant for a few years. Dakotaknows, you and others in the community are entitled to the "yah, but what has he done lately" attitude. But, I would be surprised that Coach Mueller has changed and suddenly become a crappy coach in the past couple of years.

Once again! Was it Mueller or Uttecht? Mueller hasn't done anything since Uttecht left 3 years ago. You guys give him way to much credit. I am going to say it loud and clear. Uttecht is the one who ran this program in it's glory days. Everyone wants to talk about history? Really look at history.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 8:31 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Speaking of history.
Wasn't West Central just in the championship game less than 2 years ago?
IMaybe I am mistaken but I don't think Uttecht was on the sidelines then was he?

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 12:25 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

West Central beat Madison 2013. In Uttecht's last season 2014, WC didn't make it to the dome. Then in 2015 the Trojans lost to Madison. So last championship was with Uttecht. Last appearance in the Dome was without him.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 1:35 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Thanks for the clarification TH.
So that would mean in the last 4 completed seasons of 11A football in South Dakota
West Central has won one championship and finished second once.
That would mean that the only team to be in more championship games in 11A in that
time period would be Madison.
And all four of those years Kent Mueller was the head coach of WC.
My guess is that the other 15 teams in 11A would love to have that kind of success but that's just a guess.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2017, 2:20 pm 
Captain
Captain

Dakotaknows wrote:
sodakhemis wrote:
Didn't go to WC.

Oh by the way.

Yes going to 38 Roadhouse counts. Lol

I am sorry I didn't see your question. When my son quit I told him I was disappointed and to make sure he doesn't regret his decision. I wanted to force him to keep playing. But that would have only been for me. I am not one of those dads that lives their lives through their sons. They were just a couple games into the season last year. It is really sad because he loved football. He use to sit and watch football games. Now he won't and wants nothing to do with the game.

"I am not one of those dads that lives their lives through their sons" ........
Yeah riiiiiiiightttt!!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2