Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Madison's cup of Tea
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 7:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Tea held Madison scoreless in the first quarter. Madison returned the favor. In the 2nd quarter the Bulldogs quit shooting themselves in the foot and scored 4 touchdowns. Last year they led 25-0 at the half I think and lost. I don't see that happening. Tea has not done squat on offense. 33 yards rushing and 9 passing. Bulldogs 28-0 and the Janke Twins greatest show on turf continues. Tea has succeeded in limiting the big plays by Jadon Janke tonight.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

Post subject: Re: Madison's cup of Tea
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 8:02 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Of course Tea picks up more yards on their first play of the 2nd half than they did in the whole first half. Drive down into the red zone and then fizzle. Madison is stinking up the place right now. The 3rd quarter was a nightmare. Early TD in the fourth (Jaxon Janke again) to start the running clock. I'm ready for this one to be over.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 8:07 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

3 times Madison tried a screen pass to Jaxon Janke - 1st time over his head. 2nd he dropped it. 3rd one he takes it to the house after breaking about 6 tackles. 42-0. Time for the 2nd string to take over.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 8:18 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

That is the least satisfying 42-0 victory I've ever seen. The Bulldogs had so many destructive penalities and allowed way too much penetration into their backfield. The good news is that Madison has shut out Tea for 8 quarters in a row now.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 7:49 am 
Walk On
Walk On

I really thought Tea would be better than they were last night. Playing crazy, nothing to lose. Is Madison that good or is Tea that bad? Seemed like half the Titan fans left at halftime. Tea will be tough next year, lots of Jr. receivers and backs returning.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 9:42 am 
Walk On
Walk On

I really thought Tea would be better than they were last night. Playing crazy, nothing to lose. Is Madison that good or is Tea that bad? Seemed like half the Titan fans left at halftime. Tea will be tough next year, lots of Jr. receivers and backs returning.

If Tea plays with the same attitude that they have had this year they won't be any better next season.
In both of the games this season with Madison they have had an unbelievable number of personal foul penalties. Last night I saw 2 Tea offensive lineman doing a chest bump and this was when they were down 43-0? You would think at some point one of the 12 coaches that Tea has on the sidelines would notice what's happening on the field? Or, maybe that's the way they want their kid's to play. In the 2 Madison games this season they were beat 85-0 and in both games the D-backs and linebackers were talking trash the whole game. Maybe if they would spend more time preparing for their opponents rather than figuring out what handshake or fist pump they want to they could score against their opponents. Did you notice that right after you were talking smack that you got run over on the next play or you were drug into the end zone hanging on to one of the Bulldog players? Go figure? Unfortunately I don't see them changing.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 9:49 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Gideon wrote:

Madison surely put together a great 2nd quarter, used the wind to their advantage for sure and closed things out in a hurry; 34 points in the span of about 8 mins, Tea didn't do themselves any favors with untimely mistakes either, something that you can't do if you want to beat Madison. Officiating was again extremely suspect at best. Can we please get some consistency! Officiating was not the reason for the loss at all, but come on stripes; might need refresher courses in the off season on what is and is not a penalty. I'm sure both teams can make arguments from this game. The weather conditions were the worst I have ever seen and sat through. Some Tea fans did leave at half to get out of the wind and get warm during the break, but most came back at the start of 3rd quarter and supported their team til the end. Shout out to the all the students who made the trip to cheer on their Titans. It seemed a little light on the Madison side as well, but the weather probably kept people home watching online, each time we have played there, 4 times in the past 2 seasons, the crowd usually has shown up. And what is up with the PA system at Dakota State field, did they only pay for half the system? No sound on the visitor side again. Mark it....Madison will role to another State Championship for sure. I can say this confidently and without a doubt as I have seen enough of Madison over the past 3 years, 7 times in all over that span facing Tea, to know that there is not a more complete team in any class next to the Washington Warriors. I say good luck to the Bulldogs on another run to a Championship. Enjoy the run, because the view from the top is so special, but the fall can be a painful one if there is a let up, ask West Central, lean years after championships will have fans clammering for the good ole days and can turn ugly, hopefully the well is full in Madison. The Bulldogs have been blessed with the talent and pedigree of the Janke's; no doubt some of the greatest athletes I have seen in last 20 years. Will that blood line ever end....urgh!!!...some really good water up there in Madison, must be the Lake for sure! HAHA!....Good Luck and we are looking forward to next season when Madison finally has to make the trip to Tea, can honestly say I that I have had my fill of driving to Madison sheez!....Thanks for setting the bar so high, truly the mark everyone else will be shooting for in the years to come. Tea will be back, very young and talented and most of all hungry. A great recipe and foundation to build on. My ramblings are done, now if I can just get the feeling back in my face..oh..and if someone in Northeast Iowa found a random car in their backyard this am, it's mine!

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 11:26 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Husker30, since you obviously have kid on the team, can you explain the arrogance of the tea kids trash talking and celebrating when they are getting not only dominated but embarrassed? I mean come on, how do the coaches not see kids bumping chests or hear the trash talk? Honestly you could hear it a lot in the first game and some in the game last night? Tea lost 5 straight games in ugly fashion. Refs dont win/lose games, players have to perform. It just boggles my mind that coaches would let them get away with this. Might be time for a coaching change at TEA AREA.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 11:51 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Sdsports1123 wrote:
Husker30, since you obviously have kid on the team, can you explain the arrogance of the tea kids trash talking and celebrating when they are getting not only dominated but embarrassed? I mean come on, how do the coaches not see kids bumping chests or hear the trash talk? Honestly you could hear it a lot in the first game and some in the game last night? Tea lost 5 straight games in ugly fashion. Refs dont win/lose games, players have to perform. It just boggles my mind that coaches would let them get away with this. Might be time for a coaching change at TEA AREA.

Sounds like you are throwing you hat in the ring. You can obviously do it better!! I would imagine the Madison players, with halos firmly planted on head, were perfectly quiet during the game and never said a word? Come on, these are high school kids. Chest bumping is now a problem, really. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I do know both side are filled with 15 to 18 year old boys, playing a testosterone filled sport and things get said, even by the Madison players. Should player "know their place" and act like the robots you want them to act like, no way. If it is too bad and out of control, they will get a penalty and learn their lesson. Until then, let he without sin cast the first stone!! Think about the role models these kids have within their sport at the NFL and it's now creeping in to the College game. It's all about me, myself, and I. I don't like it, but I will not blame a KID for acting out because they all do it at some time or another. Just enjoy the fact that you won and move on to the next game. They are not, so what's the beef? I love it how everyone can coach from the sidelines, but no body has the los testículos to step into the ring!!

"I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 12:04 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I have no horse in the race either. I am not from Tea or Madison. All I am simply saying is, one of the many TEA coaches has to step in and say lose with some class, your making more of an a$$ out of yourself and team. I get they are kids, but that's not an excuse for the coach. The coach is suppose to be the role model and stir them in the right direction right? By watching it happen on live feed nothing was done as it happened in both games. To me thats a problem and is not a recipe for building a successful program.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 1:07 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Sdsports1123 wrote:

Your right I have a kid on the team. Our guys know they got their lunch handed to them. I do know that these teams have played each other 7 times in the past 3 seasons all of which my son has been a part of 6 of them. If memory serves me, which I am pretty sure it does, the night Tea made the comeback down 25-0 at halftime, Madison did their share of trash talking while comfortably ahead, as they were last night. Madison is not the heavenly poster children of sportsmanship by any stretch of the imagination. I don't like the chest bumping and trash talking while getting dominated and neither did the fans that I was around, but I also believe in you saying losing with some class and humility, how about winning with some class as well. Oh, but I'm sure you're ok with Max calling a timeout up 43-0 with 44 seconds left, yep classy move there. The old saying rise above would be the best way to put it. Make sure your own house is clean before spouting off about Tea needing to make a coaching change.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 3:55 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Husker30 wrote:

Oh, but I'm sure you're ok with Max calling a timeout up 43-0 with 44 seconds left, yep classy move there. The old saying rise above would be the best way to put it. Make sure your own house is clean before spouting off about Tea needing to make a coaching change.

I don't get the beef about a timeout. Maybe he wanted to get one more substitute on the field who had not played yet. He certainly wasn't trying to score. If he had been, the Janke brothers would have still been in there. I've seen team after team this year keep their first string in on Madison's second and third stringers. That makes me just a bit upset because there are kids on all of those teams who work their butts off and probably never get into a game. If they can't get in where they're down 42-0, they never will. Teams like to preserve a shutout. I get that. It's an accomplishment. If you leave your first string in to do that in a lopsided game, you're a jerk. If you try to do it with your second string against the other team's starting unit, it's a really big deal. The Bulldogs pulled it off twice with Tea and with Vermillion (I didn't detect an infusion of new jerseys-correct me if I'm wrong, please). There is no place in sport for trash talking. Bumping chests is a different story. Let the kids celebrate but not mock the other players or their mothers because they're losing. That is totally bush league.

Last edited by TennesseeHusker on October 27th, 2017, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 4:15 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

I think the 4 or 5 personal fouls on Tea can probably be somewhat attributed to a team that has had nothing but success. Last years varsity only losing in the dome, and JV team that I don't think lost a game. These kids have had nothing but success on the gridiron, and for them to lose 5 straight has to be tough on them. Madison especially after they had a great comeback win against them last October and now have been shut out by them 3 times in less than a year. As for Max using a timeout with under a minute. I would say anyone who has watched Madison play in the past 5 years would say Max has won with class in every situation. I don't remember a game where he ever ran the score up on a team. He has always been good about pulling his starters once they are up 35 with a running clock. I can remember numerous games where the JV has played the entire second half.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2017, 7:50 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Clarification;

Max called a time out for a couple of reasons: 1) a "sportsmanship" check for Tea, to see if the coaches would get their varsity off the field and give snaps to an underclassmen rather than play a few more snaps against Madison's sophomores (Tea failed to take their varsity off the field, or to score), and 2) Max wanted to get a couple of more of his 3rd-4th stringers in the game.

By the way, Madison JV beat Tea's JV this year 20-6. Madison playing all sophomores and freshmen, except for 1-2 juniors.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2017, 9:58 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Gideon wrote:
Clarification;

Max called a time out for a couple of reasons: 1) a "sportsmanship" check for Tea, to see if the coaches would get their varsity off the field and give snaps to an underclassmen rather than play a few more snaps against Madison's sophomores (Tea failed to take their varsity off the field, or to score), and 2) Max wanted to get a couple of more of his 3rd-4th stringers in the game.

By the way, Madison JV beat Tea's JV this year 20-6. Madison playing all sophomores and freshmen, except for 1-2 juniors.

Thank you for the clarification of the timeout at the end of the game. It was probably me just being "butt hurt" and really cold and wanted that game to end..HAHA! Madisons JV did beat Tea's JV team. Tea used mostly Freshman and Sophomores I believe. On a another side note Tea's 7th and 8th grade teams both beat Madison's 7th and 8th so we have that going for us :) Good luck to the Bulldogs and congratulations on another State Championship, as I have no doubt they will hang another banner, I have seen enough of Madison to confidently make that claim. St. Thomas More may have something to say, but seeing them first hand as well, I don't think they have enough as a group to compete with Madison.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]