New Topic Post Reply  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 11B powers
PostPosted: October 10th, 2017, 12:20 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Two big games this week that have a lot of impact on the playoffs.
#1 BEE vs #2 Sioux Valley in Bridgewater. Winner of this game could be the number one overall seed. Loser will have a tough second round game. Winner of game will have a breeze to semis. It's great to see such a matchup like this on the last week of the season. On paper it looks like it will be a old fashion dog fight of very few passes being thrown and 40 plus rushes for each team. I believe first team to 20 wins this one.

#4 Winner vs #5 WSWSC I believe this one is in Wessington Springs. Both teams coming into game playing well of late. Winner had to rebuild took there lumps early but now I think there back on track. WSWSC had to make the transition to 11 man but looks like they made that really well. They have been beating some teams late big, which was sort of an eye opener. I believe this game is also for the conference championship that is made up of 6 teams which started this season. With a lot at stake for this game also I believe the lower the scoring the more in favor the game will be of Winner. If WSWSC can put up points I can see them sneaking out a W and going 7-1 in there first season in 11 man football.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 7:18 am 
Walk On
Walk On

sfc has their best player back. he played like 15 snaps against SV. I think they are the best team out there.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 11:19 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

sdsu41 wrote:
sfc has their best player back. he played like 15 snaps against SV. I think they are the best team out there.

ok. please give us more. Why do you think they are the best & who is the player?

PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 1:16 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I'm going to make the trip to Springs to check out the Winner game. On paper looks like she should be a heck of a game.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 2:39 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I think Winner will prevail in a close one. Winner isn't the powerhouse of last couple years but they will still be a force in the playoffs. If they play SFC again now its a different game. Sioux Valley has yet to come thru in playoffs in any sport, BEE suffers injury to key player. C-ship could be anybodys.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 8:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Sanborn-Springs-Wooney 21. Winner 14 final.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffen Glue!

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 10:03 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Attended the game last night in Springs. Wow what a game glad I made the trip. WWSSC is for real. They have made the transition to 11B this year look real easy. If they take care of business they should play SFC in the semis to make it to the Dakota Dome. This is a big shock to everyone I would think including myself. WWSSC is a two headed monster. Witte kid is one of the best backs I've seen this year in any class. They ask a lot out of him and the Kingsbury kid. Kingsbury kid reminds me just like his brother. I believe though he is lot more physical. He came up with some big time plays in big moments. From the start I thought it was going to be all Winner. They marched right down and scored. Winner line is real good. Winner now has a tough road but I wouldn't doubt them. 11B playoffs should be real interesting.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 3:25 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

slump9 wrote:
Attended the game last night in Springs. Wow what a game glad I made the trip. WWSSC is for real. They have made the transition to 11B this year look real easy. If they take care of business they should play SFC in the semis to make it to the Dakota Dome. This is a big shock to everyone I would think including myself. WWSSC is a two headed monster. Witte kid is one of the best backs I've seen this year in any class. They ask a lot out of him and the Kingsbury kid. Kingsbury kid reminds me just like his brother. I believe though he is lot more physical. He came up with some big time plays in big moments. From the start I thought it was going to be all Winner. They marched right down and scored. Winner line is real good. Winner now has a tough road but I wouldn't doubt them. 11B playoffs should be real interesting.

Really nice to see the Blackhawks do well in 11B. Congrats on a huge win & really happy for that QB & his family & how that game turned out. I would agree that they have kind of surprised people but they have gained confidence as the season has moved along & now they have positioned themselves for a chance to go deep. Will be interesting to see how 11B turns out. What a great time of year!!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 11:22 am 
Walk On
Walk On

I was kind of surprised but they earned it

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 12:02 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Sioux Valley with a beatdown away in BEE. 25-15 (25-7 was actual score but BEE JV scored on SV JV late in game) BEE waved the white flag and that proves to me the Cossacks in Volga are the real deal. They handled both number 2 teams in SFC and BEE.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2017, 2:07 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

In no particular order here is the preliminary Top 5 for 11B in 2018:
BEE, MVP, Winner, SFC, Canton

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 10:08 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Finally, championships for real football start today!

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 7:50 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Gideon wrote:
Finally, championships for real football start today!

WOW!!! You mean all of the hard work, hours, and time all of the 9-man teams put in are worth nothing.

How far west of the river is considered west river?

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 10:27 am 
Rookie
Rookie

A bit of a slap in the face to 9 man FB! :)

Did you watch the 11B title game?

It's basically two more blockers...35 yard kickoffs...and run left then run right then back left again. You had a kid run for 250+ yards in a championship game?? All more 9 man relative.

Now, if you want to say 11A, 11AA and 11AAA are a different game than maybe you have a point, but not much difference in 11B than the 9 man game.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 12:38 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

11B had the most parity it has had in years. Overall, I thought 11B was very competitive & exciting with 6-7 teams vying for the championship. Canton & SFC moved down from 11A & solid 9AA programs like W/WS/SC & MVP move up. Winner was incredible the last 2 years. From what I can tell kids are bigger, stronger, faster & more athletic now more than ever. It really does not matter what style you play. I saw kids on both teams yesterday that are tremendous high caliber athletes & competitors. SFC Christian dealt Madison fits with their style of play last year & perhaps Winner beats Madison last year with a bland ground & pound attack . This year I believe that SFC beat Tri-Valley & Tea. I also think that Winner beat West Central. Don't tell me that 11b was down. That is an insult to every kid that puts in time to be the best they can be.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 3:32 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I see the same blocking, tackling, hitting, running and passing in the 11 man games as I do in the 9 man divisions.

I wonder how Chad Greenway had such a successful career having only played "real football" at Iowa. As well as the too numerous to mention 9 man players who succeeded at the next level.

Beating a dead horse is good exercise

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 10:44 am 
Captain
Captain

You beat me to the punch with the Greenway example!

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 12:24 pm 
Starter
Starter

Who you guys have next year winning it all?

"Use all the legends and run them off the floor. That would have won us a title Captain!"

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 12:43 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

thecloser wrote:
Who you guys have next year winning it all?

Here is the preseason top 5:
1. SFC
2. BEE
3. Canton
4. Winner
5. MVP

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2