Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: November 21st, 2017, 9:09 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Larson to DWU: http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/sports/ ... ommits-dwu

PostPosted: November 21st, 2017, 10:21 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

DWU and Wilber are good recruiters, but you have to wonder how they consistently sign such big classes. I know that if I was being recruited to a school with 19 freshman on the roster and 3 current commits, I may be worried about playing time and/or scholarship money.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 6:27 am 
Captain
Captain

Bergan maybe rolling the dice to see how his senior season turns out??
As for Larson and DWU: this is a great pickup for DWU! I really liked Larson's game in high school and can see how a guy with his size and perimeter skill set could translate favorably to the college game.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2017, 9:25 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

As for Bergan, that doesn't surprise me. He's a bit of a risk in my opinion. Whenever I've watched him the only thing that stood out to me is his arguing with the officials.

Mason Larson to DWU is a great fit for both parties! I've been waiting to hear where he commits. I think he's underrated. Happy for him.

PostPosted: November 27th, 2017, 12:02 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I agree that Bergan argued with the officials in his early years. I thought he controlled his emotions much better last season. The games I saw him play were very physical and he gets no calls (example: state title game). Coaches must see something in him, as he had more D1 offers than any other player in the state.

I was quite surprised that Larson didn't go to Northern. I heard awhile back that he was offered and I definitely think he has the talent to play there. Toughen him up a little physically and he will be a stand out at DWU!!

PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 10:36 am 
Walk On
Walk On

softkitty wrote:
DWU and Wilber are good recruiters, but you have to wonder how they consistently sign such big classes. I know that if I was being recruited to a school with 19 freshman on the roster and 3 current commits, I may be worried about playing time and/or scholarship money.

If you are a top echelon player in the state such as Larsen, you don't have to worry about 19 other recruits going to a school, as well as worry about scholarship money being offered your way. Also, if I had an opportunity to play along side Ty Hoglund for his final two years, I would jump at that opportunity 11 times out of 10.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2018, 11:30 am 
Starter
Starter

PilcrowHardball7 wrote:
softkitty wrote:

If you are a top echelon player in the state such as Larsen, you don't have to worry about 19 other recruits going to a school, as well as worry about scholarship money being offered your way. Also, if I had an opportunity to play along side Ty Hoglund for his final two years, I would jump at that opportunity 11 times out of 10.

Even if you wanted to go into engineering?

hankb (these are my opinions, and the only facts stated are that I wrote them unless otherwise specified)

PostPosted: January 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

hankb wrote:
PilcrowHardball7 wrote:
softkitty wrote:

There was nothing said previously about the academics side of school. That is a rhetorical question regarding whether your degree matches what a school can deliver for you. My statement was solely based on other comments previously that Larsen should have considered higher division basketball to play.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2018, 4:58 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Matthew Mohrs of Yankton (freshman) received his first offer from Creighton. Just the first of many more to come!

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 4:33 pm 
Starter
Starter

PilcrowHardball7 wrote:
hankb wrote:
PilcrowHardball7 wrote:
[quote=

There was nothing said previously about the academics side of school. That is a rhetorical question regarding whether your degree matches what a school can deliver for you. My statement was solely based on other comments previously that Larsen should have considered higher division basketball to play.

Uhhhh.... I was kind of kidding, but really - kids should look at what they want to do for the rest of their life when they're picking out a school. Their decision shouldn't be solely based on playing basketball (or any other sport) - Just my opinion.

hankb (these are my opinions, and the only facts stated are that I wrote them unless otherwise specified)

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 1:02 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

I'm not disagreeing with you whatsoever, but the "problem" is that many young adults don't know "what they want to do for the rest of their life" when they are only 18 years old. And contrary to popular belief, I think that is completely OK! They have their college years and the entirety of their lives to make those decisions.

Be kids and enjoy your high school years. You need not stress about choosing the course of your life if you're not ready to make that decision.

Happy Friday :) .

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13