New Topic Post Reply  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: September 9th, 2017, 12:04 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Gideon wrote:
Winner would have probably faced the same outcome as BEE had they met the Bulldogs anytime in the last couple of years.

Nope. Not so. If Winner plays Madison this year as well as the last two years Winner leads the series 2-1. Madison wins this year only.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2017, 12:28 pm 
Starter
Starter

bball44 wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Winner would have probably faced the same outcome as BEE had they met the Bulldogs anytime in the last couple of years.

Nope. Not so. If Winner plays Madison this year as well as the last two years Winner leads the series 2-1. Madison wins this year only.

Sorry, but until you see the Janke boys in person, you have no idea how good they are. Madison would have worn out Winner, their team speed is unlike anything I have ever seen. Madison would lead the series at least 2-1, but probably 3-0. This year's Madison team is better than last year's Winner team. And it's not really that close. Reasons? Team speed and depth.

The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep scratching

PostPosted: September 9th, 2017, 8:01 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I agree with MB3. Madison's offense is very sophisticated & puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the defense. It is exceptional to watch & they have no flaws with great team speed @ the skill positions. Whoever said their defense had issues I did not see that last night (granted BEE's O is not complex). They are aggressive up front & come after you hard! They are very impressive in all phases. With that being said & watching the BEE-Winner game last year & watching the BEE-Madison game this year Madison is on another level. I think Madison would have won but it probably would have been close for a half. Last years Winner team was awesome & will go down as 1 of the best if not the best 11B team of all time. This years Madison team will not lose a game unless injuries become a factor.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2017, 9:06 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I was the one who made the comment about the defense after Milbank threw the ball at will on Madison until their qb got hurt. And Kargus (sp?) ran really well against them. It appears that Milbank is vastly improved over last year. BEE didn't have much of a pass threat. Didn't even try in the first half. Madison's team from last year was quite a bit better than this years. They totally choked in the loss to Tea. They showed that 2nd half performance was an aberration in the state title game. If Madison gets to the dome again this year, I'll be jubilant. I think they have a shot but there might be some tight games before they get there.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2017, 10:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

There you guys go pulling Winner into this. It was a team to talk about last year ill give you that. This years team is no slouch either. Its pretty easy to say Madison could beat Winners team from last year since theres no chance they will get to play each other ever since that was in the past. I give madison credit, they have a great team, but i believe you should give the boys from Winner credit too. they earned it. We will never get to know how good they really were. Good luck to all this season and give each other respect.

ITS ALL GOOOOOD

PostPosted: September 10th, 2017, 6:52 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Winner's victory and shutout over West Central looks much more impressive now after WC dumped St. Thomas More big time. I think the Winner game last year with Madison would have been a classic. This year they're both down but still tough. We'll have a little better idea in 2 weeks when Madison takes on West Central.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2017, 8:03 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

Though they should have stayed in class 11A, I think SFC is the caliber of team this year in 11B that Winner was last year. And last year, SFC didn't fare well against Madison.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2017, 9:37 am 
Walk On
Walk On

Gideon wrote:
Though they should have stayed in class 11A, I think SFC is the caliber of team this year in 11B that Winner was last year. And last year, SFC didn't fare well against Madison.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: September 11th, 2017, 9:40 am 
Walk On
Walk On

ocho_cinco wrote:
Cowboy72 wrote:
Janke parade. BEE will give them a tough game, but I see Madison taking this one 35-14.

Madison's defense isn't that good to hold BEE to 14 points. It's going to be close, Madison wins 34-26.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2017, 10:51 am 
Rookie
Rookie

The Winner faithful did a lot of talking last year yes. So, comparisons are fair. I would say that while Winner had better athletes on the field last year, there wasn't much of a rotation and the players stayed on the field for offense and defense. SFC this year is deeper.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2017, 7:45 am 
Starter
Starter

Gideon wrote:

This is a ridiculous statement.

PostPosted: September 19th, 2017, 6:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

PumpedinPurple wrote:
The Winner faithful did a lot of talking last year yes. So, comparisons are fair. I would say that while Winner had better athletes on the field last year, there wasn't much of a rotation and the players stayed on the field for offense and defense. SFC this year is deeper.

I still dont see how comparison is fair since youll never know, but ill give it to you. Winner did have great athletes on the field last year, but where you lost me is when you said there wasnt much rotation of players "depth". The Winner starters were lucky to stay on the field for a quarter then a whole new backup team came in to play. Winner had 18 seniors on the team so im confused where you say this years SFC team is deeper. SFC has a great team this year and i hope they do well. When they were in Winner to play week 0 they were a class act and earned respect from the "Winner faithful". Im glad the people of Winner take pride in their young men. I would not be surprised if Winner and SFC meet again this year as i have them both in my top 3. It would be a great game as I know Winner has worked the bugs out and im sure SFC has also. Without turnovers in week 0 the score would have been 8-0 SFC i would believe. Good luck to all!

ITS ALL GOOOOOD

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2