Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 6 hours

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 9AA Playoffs
PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 11:23 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

The playoffs are here and it is rounding out pretty close to what I figured. There were a few games that went the other way than what I thought but that is why they play the games. I will give a short look at each game and my pick on how they might end up.

9AA
Region 1
North Border vs Wolsey/Wessington
North Border defeated a good Warner team and are looking to be coming together here at the end. W/W has a good running game and with a week off should be ready. I will give this one to North Border, but it will be a close one most of the game. NB by 8

Miller/HH vs Webster
Millers loss on Friday should not effect them much and should rebound in this game to catch the W. All I know of Webster is that they are a young team and are well coached. They are a year away from getting back to were they have been in the last couple of years. Miller by 14

Region 2
Hamlin vs Garretson
Hamlin took care of business last night against a decent Clark/WL team a to lock up a share of the number 1 seed with Gregory. They should prevail in this game. Garretson finished strong with a big win over Canistota/Freeman and might give Hamlin some fits this coming Thursday. Hamlin by 20.

Baltic vs Arlington/Lake Preston
Baltic will bounce back from their loss last night and take this game. Arlington coming off a loss against a really good Colman-Egan team will make it close, but I think Baltic just has too much. Baltic by 10

Region 3
Bon Homme vs Deuel
Deuel with the win last night punched their ticket with a at-large bid. Bon Homme looked to have bounced back from the back to back loses with a big win over P/G. Bon Homme will take this game with ease and should come out 3 plus touchdowns win. BH by 28.

Irene/Wakonda vs Parkston
Irene/W finished the season with a big win over Baltic to get ready for the post season. Parkston also finished win last night and look to be getting healthy. Parkston is a very good dangerous 4-4 team and it will be a close one. I am going give it to Irene by 2 just for home field advantage.

Region 4
Gregory vs Elkton-Lake Benton
Elkton had a tough loss last night to Castlewood and got the last at-large bid to travel to Gregory. The going is not going to get much better for them on thrusday and Gregory should maintain their undefeated season. Gregory by 30.

Rapid City Christian vs Kimball/White Lake
RCC had a nice season going 4-4 after an 0-8 season last year. They are going to find the going tough at Kimball as they are going to face another really good 4-4 team. Kimball/WL roughed up Lyman last night and look to be coming around. They will be tough out during the playoffs. Kimball/WL by 30

After reseed this is how I think the bracket will Look. Gregory wins the tie-breaker formula over Hamlin and get the 1 seed. There is always upsets and this migh not come true, that's what make this soo much fun.

1. Gregory vs 8. Kimball/WL
2. Hamlin vs 7. Baltic
3. North Border vs 6. Miller/HH
4. Bon Homme vs 5. Irene/W

How far west of the river is considered west river?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

Post subject: Re: 9AA Playoffs
PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 5:40 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

North border, Miller, Baltic and Hamlin will all have tough games. I predict at least 1 upset

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 4:07 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I'm still not sure about what North Border team will show up for playoffs. Their schedule wasn't very challenging during the regular season so that may be detrimental to them. If they play at full capicity, they are very dangerous with a stout defense and a pretty solid QB with Jackson Kunz. But if the team that played Sully Buttes or the team that was down 18-0 to Warner shows up, they may find themselves with an early exit. Having home field advantage for the first 2 games is a nice bonus though.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2017, 8:32 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I believe Garretson will pull the upset against Hamlin

PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 10:12 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

The Warbirds played a very good game tonight against a bigger North Border team. Looking at scores throughout 9AA I think it's time to realize that the best conference in 9 man football is the Missouri Valley conference. With teams like Gregory, Bon Homme, KWL, Miller, and W-W. A 4-4 Wolsey-Wessington team went up and beat supposedly good North Border team. Along with the likes of Miller rolling over Webster.That was penciled in as an upset. The other three playoff teams held their own as well tonight. Playing the tough conference schedule these teams played proved tonight with five of the remaining eight teams all being from the same conference.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 10:25 am 
Walk On
Walk On

If Garrretson keeps playing the way they are they will beat Irene-Wakonda and then most likely play Bon Homme and beat them to go to the dome

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 8:41 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Holy upsets Batman!! The potential 2 and 3 seed overall got beat the first round and now there is a total different look. I did not even figure any situation for what happened but it did. The Missouri River conference looking awfully tough now with 5 teams left in the 9AA playoffs from that conference. The teams in the north are down this year region wide no matter what class and that will become even more plain to see when Britton plays Canistota this week in which will be a really close game. As for class 9AA I will give my perspective on the next round even thou I was a tad bit off on the last round.

Gregory vs Wolsey/W
Rematch from Oct. 6 minus alot of rain. I do not look for much to change from either team and Gregory to come out on top again. The game might be a little closer this time. Gregory by 20

Bon Homme Vs Kimball/WL
Rematch from sept. 8 and Bon Homme squeaked out the win then. Look to be the same type of game this time also. It is really hard to beat a good team twice in the same year but I will give this one to Bon Homme by 6 in the closing moments again. It would not surprise me at all if Kimball would come away with this game.

Miller/HH vs Arlington/LP
Miller is running on a mash unit for they have several key players hurt and they have adapted well. Arlington is looking to be a bit tougher than what I thought and should give Miller a run for their money. I am going to give this one to Miller by 6 for being on their home turf.

Garretson vs Irene/Wakonda
To be honest with you I really do not know how this game will pan out. According to wins and losses, common opponents and ect., they are all over the map. I think Irene should win the game by 14, but the way Garretson has been playing lately this one is going to be a dandy and could be anyone's game.

This is my final 4

Gregory vs Miller/HH

Bon Homme vs Irene/Wakonda

Good luck to all remaining teams and safe travels.

How far west of the river is considered west river?

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 12:54 pm 
Walk On
Walk On

I've got Gregory over W-W big

Arlington over Miller- HH by 3 td

Bon Home over K-WL

Garretson over I-W in another upset

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]