What Schools likely to try 6-man next season

Discuss football here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

FBParent101
Captain
Captain

Re: What Schools likely to try 6-man next season

Postby FBParent101 » August 23rd, 2018, 2:14 pm

Hopefully with 6-man coming in the state will finally get rid of the 10% rule for co-ops. If that happens like it should, that could cause a shakeup for a few co-ops as well.
Old Moose II
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Old Moose II » August 23rd, 2018, 3:26 pm

I totally Agree!! They absolutely need get rid of 10 percent rule for all co-ops. They also should make a rule so no co-ops are allowed in 6-man. Especially with the 40 ADM cutoff. This will also help individual schools get their own teams back.
Kenny Krozby
Starter
Starter

Postby Kenny Krozby » August 24th, 2018, 8:06 am

I would disagree with not allowing Co-ops for 6 man because some schools wouldn't have enough kids for even a 6 man. If they get rid of the 10% rule, than the Co-ops we would see in 6 man would be just very small schools anyways without any built in competitive advantage.

I do agree with the removal of the 10% rule once 6 man is an option. If that is removed, then I think we will see 6 man take off even faster.
"One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it." ~Knute Rockne
tallpaul
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby tallpaul » August 26th, 2018, 1:10 pm

For those that think eliminating a coop and going back to a one school 6 man team is going to somehow electrify a dying small town. Hate to be a Debby Downer but ya’all is dreamin.

Been to a lot of 9 man games in my 65 years on this planet. The days of huge crowds and a palpable excitement for kickoff for most of these towns under 1,000 people is so much different now compared to the 70’s and 80’s. Maybe it’s because there’s an unlimited library of entertainment options on these DVR’s and satellite TV’s. I have no idea but beyond the players parents attending you just don’t see the turnout like the “good old days”. Coop or not. I’m sure there’s a couple exceptions out there.
RookieSD
Walk On
Walk On

Postby RookieSD » November 21st, 2018, 9:08 am

Now that the season is over, has anyone heard if there are going to be very many teams in 6 man next year?? A lot of schools would have to do some reconfiguring of their fields, and also what would they do for a state championship? Are they going to change the playing surface of the dome to an 80x40 field??
AverageMan
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby AverageMan » November 29th, 2018, 11:25 am

tallpaul wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 1:10 pm
For those that think eliminating a coop and going back to a one school 6 man team is going to somehow electrify a dying small town. Hate to be a Debby Downer but ya’all is dreamin.

Been to a lot of 9 man games in my 65 years on this planet. The days of huge crowds and a palpable excitement for kickoff for most of these towns under 1,000 people is so much different now compared to the 70’s and 80’s. Maybe it’s because there’s an unlimited library of entertainment options on these DVR’s and satellite TV’s. I have no idea but beyond the players parents attending you just don’t see the turnout like the “good old days”. Coop or not. I’m sure there’s a couple exceptions out there.
Pessimistic. It should revamp some smaller towns to have their own team back.
Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.