RIP Lee Corso's Twin

Discuss football here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

gopdad
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

RIP Lee Corso's Twin

Postby gopdad » May 27th, 2016, 10:15 am

Did not know where to start a thread on this subject, so I thought I would choose football, since it is the most commented on thread. This forum lost a very big voice yesterday. Bob Connot passed away yesterday and this sight will miss him. He was very a very outspoken supporter of the Winner Warriors. But, not only the Winner kids, he also supported all kids in our area. He always asked me about my son and how he was doing in college, basketball and school. He always had great comments on this sight and was not afraid to say what he thought. I ran in the New York City Marathon last November and throughout my 5 months of training, Bob always had words of encouragement for me either in person or on facebook posts. He gave of himself for the young people of his community, but also supported the youth of neighboring communities and always gave them the props if they deserved it, even when they were not from Winner. I just listened to Bob do the Region baseball championship between Winnner/Colome and St Thomas Moore, on Winnerwarriorslive, just this past Tuesday. He did a hell of a job calling a hell of a game. A 3-2 W/C win in extra innings, getting them to the state tournament. Anyway, Bob, being a avid Cubs fan will be flying the "W" flag in heaven today, having truly won the game that we all hope to win someday. He will be missed by his family, friends, community and this forum. Please keep his wife and kids in your prayers.
dellsguy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: RIP Lee Corso's Twin

Postby dellsguy » May 27th, 2016, 6:40 pm

I never met Bob in person but felt like i knew him really well, being a friend on facebook, talking private messages on here and facebook. Ive been bummed all day. Too young to leave this world and his family. RIP Bob
captain Tony
Manager
Manager

Postby captain Tony » May 27th, 2016, 10:16 pm

The site will never be the same. The man brought so much positivity and mixed in a little controversy. But he always held his ground. I'm very shocked and saddened by a man that left us and the rest of the South Dakota sports community way too soon. The thing about social media is you don't have to personally meet someone to be touched by that person. And he to me was a guy I was talking to in a local bar about sports. Prayers to the family and all the friends that Bob touched and to the Winner community.
Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffen Glue!
Rocker
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby Rocker » May 28th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Sadness fills my heart.... a person I got to know thanks to sd sports talk and got to meet at the Groton Winner semi final game last fall.... Felt as though we were life long friends thanks to the type of person Bob is....

I believe we are put on this earth to make a positive difference in the lives of others.... I have no doubt that Lee... Bob... has heard Our Heavenly Father say well done...

Until we meet again my friend!!... Just for you... Go Warriors!
Ya Gotta Love High School Football!!!
ringthebells
Starter
Starter

Postby ringthebells » May 29th, 2016, 9:39 am

I am sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I always enjoyed his contributions to the sight and that he was level headed and his information was trustworthy. He will be missed.
Your opponent probably understands you and how hard you have worked better than anyone. Your opponent is not your enemy that needs to be hated or humiliated. Celebrate with your teammates, not against your opponents. A worthy opponent is necessary for us to be tested and to reach our best. Without an opponent, there is no competition.
tman28
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby tman28 » May 29th, 2016, 12:58 pm

Solid contributor to this site, always had something insightful to post to make you think.Condolences to his family and RIP.
MikeH
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby MikeH » May 31st, 2016, 10:21 pm

No one had more passion for high school sports in South Dakota. I will miss my friend.
I'm right where I belong!
hankb
Starter
Starter

Postby hankb » June 6th, 2016, 9:36 am

Sad to hear. RIP LCT!
hankb (these are my opinions, and the only facts stated are that I wrote them unless otherwise specified)
Kenny Krozby
Starter
Starter

Postby Kenny Krozby » June 20th, 2016, 8:10 am

A true Legend. Bob, even with his Warriors' fandom, was always able to make level headed un-biased takes on all issues with SD Sports. Definitely a great mind, great broadcaster, and definitely a figure of significance in SD Sports. Will be greatly missed in Warrior country, but I think I speak for many, that he will be missed by the entire state of South Dakota. RIP Bob!
"One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it." ~Knute Rockne
McCook
Starter
Starter

Postby McCook » August 10th, 2016, 2:47 pm

I feel so bad had not bee on this site since Wrestling season. Yes Bob was a great man and brought great comments and posts to this site. I also had the privilege of meeting him during the MCM vs Winner Semi finals back in 2011. What a great man and our prayers are still with his family as Football season approaches all of us.
mikekelc
Walk On
Walk On

Postby mikekelc » August 26th, 2016, 9:43 am

Thoughts and Prayers go out to his family and all that knew him. #GoCubs
Following my kids around since 1995!
OldWarriorFan
Walk On
Walk On

Postby OldWarriorFan » September 25th, 2016, 10:17 am

Bob must surely be smiling down from above with the success the Pheasant Belt teams are having this year......and his Cubs! Everyone expected Winner to be good, but Gregory has had some impressive wins lately and Colome will be in the mix when it's all said and done as well.

Bob was one of the folks who got Tripp County flag football started for our elementary kids over a decade ago. Gregory got a similar program started a few years after we did. That program has really helped keep the interest and numbers up in this area in my opinion. After playing flag football for 4 years, these kids are excited to put the pads on in middle school and generally have success and stay out. My 1st grade grandson told me last year that he wished he could just skip 1st grade and go 2nd so he could play flag football. Now that was precious :lol: . Thanks again Bob for all your contributions!
Aaron Tuttle
Network Admin
Network Admin

Postby Aaron Tuttle » October 14th, 2016, 2:16 pm

I haven't been around the scene much lately due to life, but to come in today to post some stuff, and see this as the first thread, is heartbreaking. Enjoy the games from above Bob, you will be missed.
dellsguy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby dellsguy » November 2nd, 2016, 11:39 pm

How come im not surprised that your cubs won the world series, Bob......
sportsbuzzard1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sportsbuzzard1 » October 6th, 2017, 5:38 am

Great tribute to Bob and his son Ben: Click Here To Read
http://sdsportsbuzz.com
"SD Sports Buzz: Ordinary Fans Delivering Extraordinary Stories the Rest of the Media Missed"
VegasGold
Walk On
Walk On

Postby VegasGold » August 17th, 2018, 9:47 am

Remembering Bob Today!

Tonight Bob's son Shea will begin his senior season playing for Bob's beloved Winner Warriors. This is a young team that needs a leader and thanks to Bob he raised one with his son Shea. Enjoy the game Bob, you have the best view!
Warrior4Life
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Warrior4Life » August 17th, 2018, 5:50 pm

And Ben is coaching the Colome Cowboys!
ITS ALL GOOOOOD
xyrufemi
Walk On
Walk On

Postby xyrufemi » June 11th, 2019, 5:33 am

You can get the all details about the sports from this article it was good to have the parts among the field of life. I have to make report on this so I visit papersowl.com reviews it has the all communicating work on it that belongs to their members on it.