New Media Poll

Discuss football here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

bangarang
Walk On
Walk On

New Media Poll

Postby bangarang » September 3rd, 2019, 6:07 pm

Class 11A stands out to me as one they got way off - Canton not in the top after last weeks game against Tea? Below West Central who struggled a bit up in Custer?
bangarang
Walk On
Walk On

Re: New Media Poll

Postby bangarang » September 3rd, 2019, 6:07 pm

Vike44
Walk On
Walk On

Postby Vike44 » September 4th, 2019, 7:31 am

Canton is where they should be. This is not 11B any more. Big questions about Tea after losing some very good football players. Tea is number one only because the media poll members always puts the defending state champ on top (if they would just do a little team scouting it would be a much better poll). Canton will have a chance to prove itself. Maybe later they will find their way into the media popularity poll.

Bigger question, how does Huron get pounded and end up in the poll? Oh, that's right itsy bitsy league and all of the other 11AA members are on the west end of the state.
Skers
Walk On
Walk On

Postby Skers » September 4th, 2019, 9:52 am

What do you mean "This is not 11B any more"? 11B has been on par, if not a little better, than 11A for the past 7-10 years. Did you see what Winner did to STM this past week? STM was only over-hyped because they were in 11A last year. There is no talent gap at the top of those two classes. I do agree with you when you say they should do a little scouting. Obviously the rankings don't truly mean anything but they should be a bit more informed.
Vike44
Walk On
Walk On

Postby Vike44 » September 9th, 2019, 10:15 am

You Winner fans, you think your team can win the super bowl. Only in your mind is Class B stronger than Class A. Sorry, STM was never the standard bearer for class A. Canton is a tough team, but not a Class A elite team, and certainly not a top 5. They returned so many lettermen, but could not stop a mistake prone Madison even on their own field. Canton just could not match the speed of Madison receivers, hence all the holding calls. Madison stopped Verhay cold with something like -8 yards the whole game, though he broke for a kickoff return against the Madison 2nd team late in the 4th.

Fortunately, Canton gets a couple of easy ones in west river foes Pine Ridge and Todd County--a courtesey no one else on the east end gets (except maybe Vermillion). So there are some wins out there. But expect something like .500 football for Canton.
Warrior4Life
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Warrior4Life » September 9th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Typical east river answer Vike44. All the bias. Whatever.

So your telling me Madison is not much better than mediocre in 11A because they make a lot of mistakes. I thought Madison was in the upper tier of 11A. I'd sure like to see your list of 11A teams you think could beat up on BEE or Winner or whoever you think is tops in 11B this year. I assume it will be long and hysterical. It is all just what ifs since we will never be able to see since it is different classes. I would agree though that I think 11B is down a little overall than it was in the past 4 or 5 years. But really isn't 11A also? The only other thing I can say is Canton or any other school for that matter does not get to pick who they play during the season so you saying they go hear or there to get an easy game is funny. Maybe Madison or whoever you cheer for should try to go to Pine Ridge or somewhere on the "west end" and try that out once. I guarantee if teams could pick, all the good teams would stack their schedules with the toughest opponents they could.

Just some food for thought. :th1
ITS ALL GOOOOOD
Vike44
Walk On
Walk On

Postby Vike44 » September 11th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Looks like there are some things we can agree on. Yes, both 11A and 11B are down some--waiting to see who emerges as the next dominant team.
Axel
Walk On
Walk On

Postby Axel » September 12th, 2019, 9:59 am

From what I've seen thus far I'd not count Winner out against the best 11A schools, and I suspect they'd walk through many of the AA teams.
MattChristensen
Walk On
Walk On

Postby MattChristensen » September 12th, 2019, 10:13 am

Please consider following @sdfbca (South Dakota Football Coaches Association) on Twitter to view weekly coaches polls—for each class—we started this year. We appreciate and respect the media poll. https://www.sdhsca.org/sdfbca also has growing content. Thank you.