BEE vs Winner

Discuss football here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

footballman
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 8
Joined: October 31st, 2007, 8:42 am

BEE vs Winner

Postby footballman » November 11th, 2019, 3:40 pm

who will win this match up and why?
sdsportsfan99
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 12
Joined: December 12th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby sdsportsfan99 » November 11th, 2019, 5:45 pm

BEE. Their line, which is young and the question mark coming into this season, has really stepped up late. Since that close game against MCM and thier backup QB week 5 they have looked like a completely different team. That shut out against MCM last week was impressive. Brady Hawkins will be the difference maker. He is going to make plays. Whether its a QB sweep out of their classic double tight sets, or passing/scrambling in their doubles looks, Brady will not lose another championship game. He will make sure this one is theirs.
LaCreek
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 21
Joined: July 18th, 2018, 5:48 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby LaCreek » November 11th, 2019, 6:28 pm

Winner. They are disciplined, and run their offense to perfection. They don't miss tackles and their line is better. They would have beaten Webster by 30 without the hail mary pass before half and the kick off return. They can stop the run as they showed against the two top running teams in 11B, Webster and MVP, and they can defend the pass as they did against the best passing QB in the state when they played STM twice.
Cletus
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
Posts: 129
Joined: March 16th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Cletus » November 11th, 2019, 7:23 pm

sdsportsfan99 wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 5:45 pm
BEE. Their line, which is young and the question mark coming into this season, has really stepped up late. Since that close game against MCM and thier backup QB week 5 they have looked like a completely different team. That shut out against MCM last week was impressive. Brady Hawkins will be the difference maker. He is going to make plays. Whether its a QB sweep out of their classic double tight sets, or passing/scrambling in their doubles looks, Brady will not lose another championship game. He will make sure this one is theirs.
I think you are screwed up on your weeks. Brady Hawkins was the QB in week 5. The backup played week 7 & week 8. With the backup BEE outscored their opposition 108-20. So, might want to get your facts correct before you start saying when a team looked good or not. Just saying. I think it is the most compelling matchup of all the classes. Both unbeaten & really a 50/50 game.
ocho_cinco
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 8
Joined: February 12th, 2007, 7:06 pm
Location: SF

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby ocho_cinco » November 12th, 2019, 8:52 am

I couldn't give two cahoots if Winner would have beaten Webster by 30 without the hail mary pass before half. How do you know? That's irrelevant. Say what you want about Kirsch, he is a good QB, but Hawkins is the best QB in 11B. STM racks up garbage passing yardage against teams when they are up by 30+ when most will bow down and either run the ball or put the JV in. BEE has the better athletes and the way their defense is playing Winner is going to have a hard time scoring. I'll take the Seahawks 34-12.
Skers
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 4
Joined: September 4th, 2019, 9:48 am

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Skers » November 12th, 2019, 9:55 am

Better athletes? I'll give you that Hawkins is a beast but better athletes all the way around? Please. How did BEE handle the power run game of SFC last year in the Championship? We will see on Friday but i'm guessing you haven't watched Winner play at all if you think it is going to be a blowout.
sdsportsfan99
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 12
Joined: December 12th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby sdsportsfan99 » November 12th, 2019, 10:01 am

Cletus wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 7:23 pm
sdsportsfan99 wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 5:45 pm
BEE. Their line, which is young and the question mark coming into this season, has really stepped up late. Since that close game against MCM and thier backup QB week 5 they have looked like a completely different team. That shut out against MCM last week was impressive. Brady Hawkins will be the difference maker. He is going to make plays. Whether its a QB sweep out of their classic double tight sets, or passing/scrambling in their doubles looks, Brady will not lose another championship game. He will make sure this one is theirs.
I think you are screwed up on your weeks. Brady Hawkins was the QB in week 5. The backup played week 7 & week 8. With the backup BEE outscored their opposition 108-20. So, might want to get your facts correct before you start saying when a team looked good or not. Just saying. I think it is the most compelling matchup of all the classes. Both unbeaten & really a 50/50 game.
MCM's backup QB week 5... so maybe you should get your facts right before you start attacking people. :D
Cowboy72
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 18
Joined: August 31st, 2016, 8:35 am

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Cowboy72 » November 12th, 2019, 10:25 am

This will be more than likely be the best game of the week in any class. The other game would be AAA with OG vs. BV. I see Winner winning this one in a dog fight. Yes, Hawkins is very good, I agree but I feel like Winner is more of a complete team all around. Having this game outside I don't think will matter as much to this game as both teams are very run dominate, yet still throw it around a little bit. I feel like history between these two teams will make the game even better. BEE gave Winner tough games in playoffs during those back to back titles a few years back. BEE then beat em in Winner in the playoffs two years ago. I have a hard time picking against Dan Aaker when all the marbles are on the table like they are this week. It will come down to either a missed PAT or unsuccessful 2pt conversion. Winner 22 BEE 20 in a very good football game.
ocho_cinco
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 8
Joined: February 12th, 2007, 7:06 pm
Location: SF

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby ocho_cinco » November 12th, 2019, 10:44 am

Skers wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 9:55 am
Better athletes? I'll give you that Hawkins is a beast but better athletes all the way around? Please. How did BEE handle the power run game of SFC last year in the Championship? We will see on Friday but i'm guessing you haven't watched Winner play at all if you think it is going to be a blowout.
All I'm giving is my opinion, thats all. Don't be a whiner because it's different than yours. BEE is not the same team as last year, they have all new lineman except for 1 or 2 and they are better. But what happened last year has zero to do with this Friday. Now don't get me wrong, Winner is very good. Obviously Fritz and Peters run the show, but Vesely is a very good football player on both sides of the ball. If Winner wins, Vesely is going to be a reason why. BEE is just so much more dynamic and has played very well against double wing offense this year.

Aakers and VanLeur are two of the best coaches in the state, going to be a fun one to watch.
Cletus
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
Posts: 129
Joined: March 16th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Cletus » November 12th, 2019, 12:13 pm

sdsportsfan99 wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:01 am
Cletus wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 7:23 pm
sdsportsfan99 wrote:
November 11th, 2019, 5:45 pm
BEE. Their line, which is young and the question mark coming into this season, has really stepped up late. Since that close game against MCM and thier backup QB week 5 they have looked like a completely different team. That shut out against MCM last week was impressive. Brady Hawkins will be the difference maker. He is going to make plays. Whether its a QB sweep out of their classic double tight sets, or passing/scrambling in their doubles looks, Brady will not lose another championship game. He will make sure this one is theirs.
I think you are screwed up on your weeks. Brady Hawkins was the QB in week 5. The backup played week 7 & week 8. With the backup BEE outscored their opposition 108-20. So, might want to get your facts correct before you start saying when a team looked good or not. Just saying. I think it is the most compelling matchup of all the classes. Both unbeaten & really a 50/50 game.
MCM's backup QB week 5... so maybe you should get your facts right before you start attacking people. :D
Got It. Thanks for the clarification, appreciate it. As with all games this will come down to fundamentals & line play. This really is a pickem game. Can't think of a better matchup.
sdsportsfan99
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 12
Joined: December 12th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby sdsportsfan99 » November 12th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Couldn't agree more. Should be the marquee matchup of week.
Skers
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 4
Joined: September 4th, 2019, 9:48 am

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Skers » November 12th, 2019, 6:25 pm

ocho_cinco wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:44 am
Skers wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 9:55 am
Better athletes? I'll give you that Hawkins is a beast but better athletes all the way around? Please. How did BEE handle the power run game of SFC last year in the Championship? We will see on Friday but i'm guessing you haven't watched Winner play at all if you think it is going to be a blowout.
All I'm giving is my opinion, thats all. Don't be a whiner because it's different than yours. BEE is not the same team as last year, they have all new lineman except for 1 or 2 and they are better. But what happened last year has zero to do with this Friday. Now don't get me wrong, Winner is very good. Obviously Fritz and Peters run the show, but Vesely is a very good football player on both sides of the ball. If Winner wins, Vesely is going to be a reason why. BEE is just so much more dynamic and has played very well against double wing offense this year.

Aakers and VanLeur are two of the best coaches in the state, going to be a fun one to watch.
It will all play out on Friday. I think you are overlooking a lot of playmakers on the Warriors. Winner has 4 guys in the backfield capable of going for 100 yards. They will have to figure out a way to defend Hawkins no doubt. both of our opinions don't really mean anything but I am guessing your knowledge of the Winner team is from checking box scores and not actually watching them. Saying BEE is so much more dynamic is laughable. And no one in 11B runs the double wing with the precision that Winner does. But hey, we will see Friday,bud.
ocho_cinco
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 8
Joined: February 12th, 2007, 7:06 pm
Location: SF

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby ocho_cinco » November 12th, 2019, 7:32 pm

Skers wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:25 pm
ocho_cinco wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:44 am
Skers wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 9:55 am
Better athletes? I'll give you that Hawkins is a beast but better athletes all the way around? Please. How did BEE handle the power run game of SFC last year in the Championship? We will see on Friday but i'm guessing you haven't watched Winner play at all if you think it is going to be a blowout.
All I'm giving is my opinion, thats all. Don't be a whiner because it's different than yours. BEE is not the same team as last year, they have all new lineman except for 1 or 2 and they are better. But what happened last year has zero to do with this Friday. Now don't get me wrong, Winner is very good. Obviously Fritz and Peters run the show, but Vesely is a very good football player on both sides of the ball. If Winner wins, Vesely is going to be a reason why. BEE is just so much more dynamic and has played very well against double wing offense this year.

Aakers and VanLeur are two of the best coaches in the state, going to be a fun one to watch.
It will all play out on Friday. I think you are overlooking a lot of playmakers on the Warriors. Winner has 4 guys in the backfield capable of going for 100 yards. They will have to figure out a way to defend Hawkins no doubt. both of our opinions don't really mean anything but I am guessing your knowledge of the Winner team is from checking box scores and not actually watching them. Saying BEE is so much more dynamic is laughable. And no one in 11B runs the double wing with the precision that Winner does. But hey, we will see Friday,bud.
And where exactly would I have seen Vesely in the box score if that's all been checking? I've watched 5-6 Winner games online and BEEs games online during the playoffs. I have no dog in this fight, I'm just a fan of high school football. But it's clear you are a Winner fan and that's fine. You must know zero about BEE if you think Hawkins is the only one you need to stop. Which explains why you think me saying they are more dynamic is laughable. Good luck to your team Friday.
Warrior76
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 2
Joined: November 12th, 2019, 10:17 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Warrior76 » November 12th, 2019, 10:22 pm

ocho_cinco wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 7:32 pm
Skers wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:25 pm
ocho_cinco wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:44 am


All I'm giving is my opinion, thats all. Don't be a whiner because it's different than yours. BEE is not the same team as last year, they have all new lineman except for 1 or 2 and they are better. But what happened last year has zero to do with this Friday. Now don't get me wrong, Winner is very good. Obviously Fritz and Peters run the show, but Vesely is a very good football player on both sides of the ball. If Winner wins, Vesely is going to be a reason why. BEE is just so much more dynamic and has played very well against double wing offense this year.

Aakers and VanLeur are two of the best coaches in the state, going to be a fun one to watch.
It will all play out on Friday. I think you are overlooking a lot of playmakers on the Warriors. Winner has 4 guys in the backfield capable of going for 100 yards. They will have to figure out a way to defend Hawkins no doubt. both of our opinions don't really mean anything but I am guessing your knowledge of the Winner team is from checking box scores and not actually watching them. Saying BEE is so much more dynamic is laughable. And no one in 11B runs the double wing with the precision that Winner does. But hey, we will see Friday,bud.
And where exactly would I have seen Vesely in the box score if that's all been checking? I've watched 5-6 Winner games online and BEEs games online during the playoffs. I have no dog in this fight, I'm just a fan of high school football. But it's clear you are a Winner fan and that's fine. You must know zero about BEE if you think Hawkins is the only one you need to stop. Which explains why you think me saying they are more dynamic is laughable. Good luck to your team Friday.
Which Vesely are you talking about?
ocho_cinco
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 8
Joined: February 12th, 2007, 7:06 pm
Location: SF

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby ocho_cinco » November 13th, 2019, 8:09 am

Warrior76 wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 10:22 pm
ocho_cinco wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 7:32 pm
Skers wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:25 pm
It will all play out on Friday. I think you are overlooking a lot of playmakers on the Warriors. Winner has 4 guys in the backfield capable of going for 100 yards. They will have to figure out a way to defend Hawkins no doubt. both of our opinions don't really mean anything but I am guessing your knowledge of the Winner team is from checking box scores and not actually watching them. Saying BEE is so much more dynamic is laughable. And no one in 11B runs the double wing with the precision that Winner does. But hey, we will see Friday,bud.
And where exactly would I have seen Vesely in the box score if that's all been checking? I've watched 5-6 Winner games online and BEEs games online during the playoffs. I have no dog in this fight, I'm just a fan of high school football. But it's clear you are a Winner fan and that's fine. You must know zero about BEE if you think Hawkins is the only one you need to stop. Which explains why you think me saying they are more dynamic is laughable. Good luck to your team Friday.
Which Vesely are you talking about?
#11 Ethan Vesely. Didn't realize there was another one on the roster until you asked that!
Warrior76
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 2
Joined: November 12th, 2019, 10:17 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Warrior76 » November 13th, 2019, 8:27 am

Both Ethan #11 and Jackson #81 see a lot of playing time. Ethan is a senior and a starter, Jackson is a sophomore and rotates in. They are both TE/DE.
recruit
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
Posts: 155
Joined: October 17th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby recruit » November 13th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Always entertaining when the single digit posters' get on hear :) Makes for some bulletin board material I guess.

The 11B Championship has traditionally been one of the best championship games even though this year's participants have been on opposite ends of blowout championship games recently. I'm expecting a competitive game that really could go either way. I think it will come down to line play and who wins the battle of big plays, turnovers, limiting mistakes/penalties. Both teams had some young guys step in on the line this year and they have progressed nicely throughout the season. Hawkins may be the best player on the field Friday, but I think Winner is a little deeper - especially with playmakers on offense which can make them harder to defend. I give BEE a slight edge at this point as they seem to be playing with a little more intensity down the stretch and the fact that Hawkins is a senior & been on the short end of it the last two years. Good luck to both teams.
User avatar
VegasGold
Walk On
Walk On
Posts: 35
Joined: March 3rd, 2008, 9:02 pm
Location: South and West of the slew

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby VegasGold » November 13th, 2019, 3:11 pm

I just hope both teams have fun........haha
User avatar
Warrior4Life
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
Posts: 103
Joined: October 24th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Warrior4Life » November 13th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Ive got Winner to win this. Ya look at my name on here I am a Winner alum and proud to be. I dont know alot about BEE but I do see about 4 names on the offense most nights with good games. We all know about Hawkins and they have a Hofer so Im guessing that he will live up to that name. They must have a good defense with all the shutouts ive seen they have and that is very respectable but now why I pick Winner. Im fairly certain that BEE hasnt seen the offensive firepower Winner is capable of and honestly id be surprised if BEE can keep Winner under 26 points on the board minimum. Winners QB Fritz I think is just as much an athlete and player as Hawkins in my opinion and he is fast and athletic. With Winner you have multiple player to worry about. BEEs games they pretty much had 3 or less players to prep for and key on. Playing Winner they will have to worry about Fritz, Peters, Krueger, Jorgensen, And Vesley who all are great athletes. When you have to key on that many, good luck keeping them all under thumb when theyre all on the field at the same time. Winner has had to deal with 3 good athletes on the field on offense against them 3 games already so theres that. When it comes to starter exhaustion BEE may have a edge. When ive watched a couple of their games and even last weeks they leave the starters in All game. Up by 35 in 4th starters still in?? Anyways i know BEE hasnt played a defense as good and physical as Winner this year and from what ive seen Webster has a great defense and Winner put 38 up on it. Where I think Winner wins is they can sub out mostly the whole line at any time and not lose much at all. It should be good to see. Winner 32 BEE 27. Oh and whoever made the statement BEE has better athletes, yeah sorry you just dont know.
ITS ALL GOOOOOD
User avatar
Warrior4Life
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
Posts: 103
Joined: October 24th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Re: BEE vs Winner

Postby Warrior4Life » November 13th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Ive got Winner to win this. Ya look at my name on here I am a Winner alum and proud to be. I dont know alot about BEE but I do see about 4 names on the offense most nights with good games. We all know about Hawkins and they have a Hofer so Im guessing that he will live up to that name. They must have a good defense with all the shutouts ive seen they have and that is very respectable but now why I pick Winner. Im fairly certain that BEE hasnt seen the offensive firepower Winner is capable of and honestly id be surprised if BEE can keep Winner under 26 points on the board minimum. Winners QB Fritz I think is just as much an athlete and player as Hawkins in my opinion and he is fast and athletic. With Winner you have multiple player to worry about. BEEs games they pretty much had 3 or less players to prep for and key on. Playing Winner they will have to worry about Fritz, Peters, Krueger, Jorgensen, And Vesley who all are great athletes. Sophomore Joey Cole is very impressive also along with the whole line. When you have to key on that many, good luck keeping them all under thumb when theyre all on the field at the same time. Winner has had to deal with 3 good athletes on the field on offense against them 3 games already so theres that. When it comes to starter exhaustion BEE may have a edge. When ive watched a couple of their games and even last weeks they leave the starters in All game. Up by 35 in 4th starters still in?? Anyways i know BEE hasnt played a defense as good and physical as Winner this year and from what ive seen Webster has a great defense and Winner put 38 up on it. Where I think Winner wins is they can sub out mostly the whole line at any time and not lose much at all. It should be good to see. Winner 32 BEE 27. Oh and whoever made the statement BEE has better athletes, yeah sorry you just dont know.
ITS ALL GOOOOOD

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest