Class A ....... Contender or Pretender??

Discuss Boys Basketball here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

VegasGold
Walk On
Walk On

Class A ....... Contender or Pretender??

Postby VegasGold » November 20th, 2018, 1:07 pm

It's just about time to get this thing rolling. Anyone have any thoughts on the contenders in Class A??

To me, it's Tea on top and a bunch of teams at the 2nd level. Dakota Valley, Christian, Sioux Valley, Madison, More, Flandreau, Pine Ridge???

Who am I missing? Alot of talent throughout the class.............can't wait.
John Deere Jockey
Captain
Captain

Re: Class A ....... Contender or Pretender??

Postby John Deere Jockey » November 20th, 2018, 6:14 pm

Preseason Final 4: Tea; St Thomas More; Sioux Falls Christian; Pine Ridge
FBParent101
Captain
Captain

Postby FBParent101 » November 21st, 2018, 9:49 pm

Will Sioux Valley still be near the top? I know they've got the tradition and always seem to be up there, but losing Hanson and Olson is a huge blow to them. Nielson kid should be one of the better players in Class A, and they might have a lot of kids that have been waiting in the wings. Just don't know who they have to replace what they lost.

Flandreau I don't see being near the top at all. Dylan LeBrun has kept that team propped up for the past few years and without him I would be surprised if they are anywhere near the top of Class A. He was responsible for 40% of their scoring last year.
John Deere Jockey
Captain
Captain

Postby John Deere Jockey » November 22nd, 2018, 12:23 pm

I personally don’t think Flandreau will fill the Dylan LeBrun void. They will not be anywhere close to as good as they were when he played. Sioux Valley has Nielson and Schuster and then???
PheasantFaN
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby PheasantFaN » November 24th, 2018, 6:58 am

Tea is the favorite. Parker will have a really nice year, they return four of five starters from last year and all their scoring with Bialas and Christensen who have both signed to play college ball.
novagirl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby novagirl » November 27th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Madison at best .500 this yr.

SFC should be real good.
MyloMan
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby MyloMan » December 5th, 2018, 11:44 am

I'm out of the loop having given up on this site and its functionality last spring. It seems many posters have done the same.

My top three teams are Tea, Sioux Falls Christian, and St. Thomas More.
ballwatcher
Walk On
Walk On

Postby ballwatcher » December 5th, 2018, 2:21 pm

We should be able to tell fairly early on if Tea is as good as advertised as they start off with Dakota Valley, Flandreau, and Dell Rapids. They return most of their scoring from last year so it would seem they are in a position to be as good or better than last year, but they also lost a couple of important role players who did a lot of things that didn't show up in the box score. If they can have guys step into those roles they will be extremely difficult to beat and really fun to watch. Kade Stearns doesn't get talked about very much because of Freidel and Hohn, but he could have a huge year with all the attention defenses will have to give the other two. I wish we could see Tea match up with Yankton during the year because it would be fun seeing Freidel and Mors go head to head.
John Deere Jockey
Captain
Captain

Postby John Deere Jockey » December 6th, 2018, 7:09 am

Freidel is the best senior in the state. He has a D1 scholarship from Wright State. Tea will be very good ..... Class A favorite.
Mors is the best player in the state. Only a sophomore and is getting offers from major D1 schools. It will be fun to watch him play the next three years and then see where he chooses to play in college.
Agree that Tea vs Yankton would be fun game to watch.