Next Season 2019

Discuss Volleyball here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

SD Sports NE
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Next Season 2019

Postby SD Sports NE » January 18th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Before we look at next year, I wonder what the criteria or nomination process is for the Gatorade POY vote? :) For Van Egdom to not get it is really something. I thought the days of AA having a stranglehold on the voting process were over but maybe not and even with SFC playing the Hoosiers role and beating all the AA's again this year for all the little guys..... Or maybe coach didn't nominate or something. Anyway...OK one more, has anyone seen this list for this "All Star" event in the summer? Is it just me or are we starting to make these things a mockery? Perhaps as someone mentioned earlier it is a business now and whoever participates and sells cookies and cheese gets kids invited.......b/c based on merit....it's quite comical, even for SD! :)

I digress....

Who is coming back with a fury next year. I think Miller will be the class in A next year. SFC won't have the horses to repeat for the first time in years. Parker bring back everyone? Thought they looked good at state, MCM may also be a threat. Anyone have any thoughts?

For B will it finally be time for ANYONE other than Warner or NW. Up here, I'm not sure B has anyone who can give them a run, but I don;t know much about B in the SE. Any teams on the rise?

AA? When A and B teams can beat them all, truly amazing, but honestly not worth a review. :)
PheasantFaN
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Re: Next Season 2019

Postby PheasantFaN » January 22nd, 2019, 6:59 am

SD Sports NE wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Who is coming back with a fury next year. I think Miller will be the class in A next year. SFC won't have the horses to repeat for the first time in years. Parker bring back everyone? Thought they looked good at state, MCM may also be a threat. Anyone have any thoughts?

For B will it finally be time for ANYONE other than Warner or NW. Up here, I'm not sure B has anyone who can give them a run, but I don;t know much about B in the SE. Any teams on the rise?

AA? When A and B teams can beat them all, truly amazing, but honestly not worth a review. :)
I think "A' could be wide open next year, that said Miller, MCM and Wagner have got to be front runners. All were young and had excellent seasons. Parker graduated most of their starters, but brings back a JV team that has lost two matches in the last two years. SFC will be tough as always but I would have to say at this point you are correct. Hard to pick against NW, Warner, Chester in the B. Nobody can match their programs at this point.
Voltaire
Walk On
Walk On

Postby Voltaire » January 23rd, 2019, 11:46 pm

I concur, mostly. I was shocked to say the least that Van Egdom wasn't Gatorade POY. I watched Van Egdom play multiple times last season and every time came away convinced she was the best all around player in the state. I also watched Bartling play multiple times and Bartling is also really good. But it's no question Van Egdom was the better server and backrow player. Makes me wonder who makes the selections, maybe its the same person that makes the Adrenaline picks. Under a different post I conducted an analysis on last years picks and felt some of the best players were left out. As I watch the selections this year I feel either the talent is down or there is something sinister going on with some of the picks .

B: It's still Warner/NW or NW/Warner

A: Miller is my pick followed closely by Winner (The Hammerbeck girl is good.) SFC will be right there too. I'll also be watching Burke. If the Indahl girl has a supprting cast they will be formidable.

AA: This is where i dissent. Yes, SFC defeated some top AA schools early in the season. However, SFC was playing at full strength while SFO and Watertown were battling early season injuries. SFC defeated a Watertown team that played three sophomores that weekend tournament who didn't play again in the season. SFC played all season like a AA team, with speed. But overall the speed of the game is quicker at the AA level than A level, and of course A is quicker than B. With that being said Emma Ronseik from SFO is an early POY candidate and she'll lead SFO to the top followed by an experienced Watertown team led by their MH Tietz. SFW will also be back in the conversation.
dtfranck
Walk On
Walk On

Postby dtfranck » February 12th, 2019, 11:22 am

NW & Warner both lose a lot of senior talent, so we'll have to see if they can get some production from newer folks.
Voltaire
Walk On
Walk On

Postby Voltaire » February 25th, 2019, 11:44 pm

I just can't bet against Groft and Jung. Those two coaches build talent and championship teams.