2019 A & B

Discuss Volleyball here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

PheasantFaN
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

2019 A & B

Postby PheasantFaN » September 4th, 2019, 6:30 am

Well another year of VB is underway. Looks like our usual suspects in B (NW. Chester, Warner).

In the A, the top three are head and shoulders above the rest (SFC, Miller, MCM). EPJ and Parker round out the top five. Pheasants with a new coaching staff and some talented underclassmen, the others look pretty senior dominant. I would also watch Wagner, Winner, Dakota Valley and Madison in the A's. Region 5 is loaded and will have some good post season matches to get to the state tournament..
dtfranck
Walk On
Walk On

Re: 2019 A & B

Postby dtfranck » September 6th, 2019, 11:30 am

Parker took down MCM in 4 last night.
PheasantFaN
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby PheasantFaN » September 7th, 2019, 11:18 am

dtfranck wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 11:30 am
Yes, my Pheasants delivered. I really thought the top three were pretty much ahead of everyone else, but might be a little more even that I thought. I think the dark horse right now is Dakota Valley. Parker has some really good underclassmen that stepped up big the other night, and the bigs delivered.
dtfranck
Walk On
Walk On

Postby dtfranck » September 10th, 2019, 3:07 pm

PheasantFaN wrote:
September 7th, 2019, 11:18 am
dtfranck wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 11:30 am
Yes, my Pheasants delivered. I really thought the top three were pretty much ahead of everyone else, but might be a little more even that I thought. I think the dark horse right now is Dakota Valley. Parker has some really good underclassmen that stepped up big the other night, and the bigs delivered.
What is the deal with DV's schedule this year? They only have 14 matches scheduled & no tournaments...
dtfranck
Walk On
Walk On

Postby dtfranck » September 11th, 2019, 10:30 am

Miller downed Warner 3-1 last night. Warner also plays NW on Thursday.
dtfranck
Walk On
Walk On

Postby dtfranck » September 13th, 2019, 7:44 am

NW defeated Warner 3-0 last night (fairly easily @ Warner): 25-10, 25-15, 25-13
dtfranck
Walk On
Walk On

Postby dtfranck » September 16th, 2019, 11:10 am

Yikes.. Warner goes 2-3 last weekend, losing to Faulkton Area, Burke and Elkton-Lake Benton, and currently has a 4-5 record. Wonder if they've ever had a losing record over the past 20 years. Also a rebuilding year for Arlington at 1-13 currently.

MCM also defeated Chester Area in a very tight 3-0 battle over the weekend (26-24, 27-25, 26-24). Parker was downed by Garretson 2-0.

Big matchups this week:
Miller @ Northwestern
Elkton-Lake Benton @ Chester Area
McCook Central/Montrose @ SF Christian
Faith @ Herreid/Selby Area
Kadoka Area @ New Underwood
Ipswich @ Warner
Northwestern @ Ipswich
Faulkton Area @ Miller
Faith @ Kadoka Area
Freeman @ Viborg-Hurley
PheasantFaN
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby PheasantFaN » September 17th, 2019, 6:47 am

dtfranck wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 11:10 am
Yikes.. Warner goes 2-3 last weekend, losing to Faulkton Area, Burke and Elkton-Lake Benton, and currently has a 4-5 record. Wonder if they've ever had a losing record over the past 20 years. Also a rebuilding year for Arlington at 1-13 currently.

MCM also defeated Chester Area in a very tight 3-0 battle over the weekend (26-24, 27-25, 26-24). Parker was downed by Garretson 2-0.

Big matchups this week:
Miller @ Northwestern
Ipswich @ Warner
Northwestern @ Ipswich
Faulkton Area @ Miller
Faith @ Kadoka Area
Freeman @ Viborg-Hurley
From what I heard, it was a different Parker team than what showed up last week against MCM, of course with their youth, thats probably bound to happen. Bon Homme tourney should give us some great match ups with Parker, Wagner, Northwester, EPJ, Gayville, Vermillion and Beresford and others there too.
Team Player 2
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby Team Player 2 » September 18th, 2019, 7:31 am

PheasantFaN wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 6:47 am
dtfranck wrote:

Big matchups this week:
Miller @ Northwestern
Ipswich @ Warner
Northwestern @ Ipswich
Faulkton Area @ Miller
Faith @ Kadoka Area
Freeman @ Viborg-Hurley
From what I heard, it was a different Parker team than what showed up last week against MCM, of course with their youth, thats probably bound to happen. Bon Homme tourney should give us some great match ups with Parker, Wagner, Northwester, EPJ, Gayville, Vermillion and Beresford and others there too.

NW cruises by the #2 team in Class A last night in 4 sets. Yes, they lost a set, but losing one set to the #2 in the class above you is no big deal. NW will win class B easily this year.

When did NW at Ipswich become a big game? NW will roll in 3 straight.

Faith, Herreid, and Faulkton are all fighting for #2. Every year we hear how a combination of those teams are ready to challenge NW or Warner because they put together nice looking records by beating NOBODY. It's NW's title to lose this year.
dtfranck
Walk On
Walk On

Postby dtfranck » September 19th, 2019, 7:41 am

Team Player 2 wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 7:31 am
PheasantFaN wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 6:47 am
dtfranck wrote:

Big matchups this week:
Miller @ Northwestern
Ipswich @ Warner
Northwestern @ Ipswich
Faulkton Area @ Miller
Faith @ Kadoka Area
Freeman @ Viborg-Hurley

NW cruises by the #2 team in Class A last night in 4 sets. Yes, they lost a set, but losing one set to the #2 in the class above you is no big deal. NW will win class B easily this year.

When did NW at Ipswich become a big game? NW will roll in 3 straight.

Faith, Herreid, and Faulkton are all fighting for #2. Every year we hear how a combination of those teams are ready to challenge NW or Warner because they put together nice looking records by beating NOBODY. It's NW's title to lose this year.
Yes, I'm sure NW will roll against Ipswich, but they did take a set from Warner (at Warner) on Tuesday night.

I'd also add Burke up there at the top in class B.
Team Player 2
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby Team Player 2 » September 19th, 2019, 12:47 pm

In case you haven't noticed, Warner is way down this year. They might be down for a while. Taking a set from them this year is no big deal. NW destroyed Warner and will do the same to Ipswich. They will do that to every Class B team in the area, if not the state. They are just on another level year after year.
dtfranck
Walk On
Walk On

Postby dtfranck » September 19th, 2019, 3:01 pm

Team Player 2 wrote:
September 19th, 2019, 12:47 pm
In case you haven't noticed, Warner is way down this year. They might be down for a while. Taking a set from them this year is no big deal. NW destroyed Warner and will do the same to Ipswich. They will do that to every Class B team in the area, if not the state. They are just on another level year after year.
Okay, yes I know NW will likely 3-0 Ipswich. Only reason I stated it was a big matchup was because Ipswich is receiving votes in the Class B poll this week. Yes, Warner is down this year, but it still wouldn't surprise me to see Kari Jung lead this extremely young team to the state tournament again this year.