AA and A 2019

Discuss Volleyball here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

SD Sports NE
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

AA and A 2019

Postby SD Sports NE » September 16th, 2019, 8:04 pm

Finally some time to share what I've seen so far. Several weeks ago attended the Huron tourney. Watertown and O'G were the class of the tourney regardless of Class. SFW was missing their two big hitters (Kong and Shettnan) so that clearly impacted them. I would guess a 3 horse race in AA, but I don;t see them nearly as much as A and B.

The only A team in Huron (I believe and that I saw) was SFC. This is not your parents SFC team. :) They will not beat good AA teams this year and will lose some A games. They are pretty average (finally some parity in A) and undersized. Have some big kids coming and may be a couple of years away to being dominant again, but they will not scare anyone in A this year either and AA will handle them easily. Side note, saw on their Twitter account they went 0-5 in Iowa this weekend. GULP. Maybe even a notch or tow lower than I thought, but my guess is no one will feel sorry for them.

One thing I wish wasn't happening in SD in this media circus where this cookie dough group is profiting from promoting kids and volleyball in SD. Based on what is happening, kids in SD need to GET TO WORK ON THEIR GAME, and stop paying to read about themselves! Other states are making a mockery of SD volleyball, and what is our state doing about it? Paying to read more about how good I/we are and I saw making T's of more kids (as young as soph) with their likeness on them as stars? Comical. Parents, wake up and if you want to help your kids get better, go to work in the gym, not pay to read clippings.

I digress....Parker beats MCM, DV beats SFL and handles Iowa teams pretty well last weekend, but if Miller was going to get one, it's this year. Fernholz is dominating at present and they have a lot back. They are a year improved and, oh yeah, there is no Van Egdom to chew them up and spit them out in 2019, which may be their biggest gain!! They have a game with NW tomorrow that is the game up the year up here in the great NE, I'm hoping to make, but their typical weak scheduling will have them with a gaudy record, but I think they will be too good for Parker, SFC and MCM's of the world. DV time will tell.

My Top 5 stack rank for A early on.

Miller
DV
MCM
SFC
Parker
PheasantFaN
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Re: AA and A 2019

Postby PheasantFaN » September 17th, 2019, 6:41 am

SD Sports NE wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 8:04 pm
Finally some time to share what I've seen so far. Several weeks ago attended the Huron tourney. Watertown and O'G were the class of the tourney regardless of Class. SFW was missing their two big hitters (Kong and Shettnan) so that clearly impacted them. I would guess a 3 horse race in AA, but I don;t see them nearly as much as A and B.

The only A team in Huron (I believe and that I saw) was SFC. This is not your parents SFC team. :) They will not beat good AA teams this year and will lose some A games. They are pretty average (finally some parity in A) and undersized. Have some big kids coming and may be a couple of years away to being dominant again, but they will not scare anyone in A this year either and AA will handle them easily. Side note, saw on their Twitter account they went 0-5 in Iowa this weekend. GULP. Maybe even a notch or tow lower than I thought, but my guess is no one will feel sorry for them.

One thing I wish wasn't happening in SD in this media circus where this cookie dough group is profiting from promoting kids and volleyball in SD. Based on what is happening, kids in SD need to GET TO WORK ON THEIR GAME, and stop paying to read about themselves! Other states are making a mockery of SD volleyball, and what is our state doing about it? Paying to read more about how good I/we are and I saw making T's of more kids (as young as soph) with their likeness on them as stars? Comical. Parents, wake up and if you want to help your kids get better, go to work in the gym, not pay to read clippings.

I digress....Parker beats MCM, DV beats SFL and handles Iowa teams pretty well last weekend, but if Miller was going to get one, it's this year. Fernholz is dominating at present and they have a lot back. They are a year improved and, oh yeah, there is no Van Egdom to chew them up and spit them out in 2019, which may be their biggest gain!! They have a game with NW tomorrow that is the game up the year up here in the great NE, I'm hoping to make, but their typical weak scheduling will have them with a gaudy record, but I think they will be too good for Parker, SFC and MCM's of the world. DV time will tell.

My Top 5 stack rank for A early on.

Miller
DV
MCM
SFC
Parker
Well said NE, I too find it funny that if you sell their products/goods you get mentioned....Some good games coming up this week!
lynxfan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby lynxfan » September 25th, 2019, 12:46 pm

I definitely concur on the top 3 for AA. I believe Watertown will separate themselves from the pack. SFW will challenge down the stretch.

Homerism a bit here but I'll still tell you BV is coming on strong. They have Watertown tomorrow night and that will be a task for them, but they will be solid and could surprise as we go along. When they're playing well they're tough, just need to be consistent. Huron and Harrisburg are both scrappy and the other Sioux Falls teams will be right there too in that second tier group. Still not sure what to think of Aberdeen Central.

And wholeheartedly agree on the cookie dough sales comments. The whole thing makes me throw up a little each time I hear the name. This is not how that's supposed to work.
ElvaVester
Walk On
Walk On

Postby ElvaVester » January 19th, 2020, 5:09 am

Really excellent information always on your blog about the games and that is really wise as well. I truly glad to read the discussion about sports and had quality time while reading. Thank you for such wonderful creative rushessay writing to share that is really marvelous.