Walk On

Re: Boys Basketball Signings

Postby hunkpapa » November 21st, 2017, 9:09 pm

softkitty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby softkitty » November 21st, 2017, 10:21 pm

DWU and Wilber are good recruiters, but you have to wonder how they consistently sign such big classes. I know that if I was being recruited to a school with 19 freshman on the roster and 3 current commits, I may be worried about playing time and/or scholarship money.
John Deere Jockey
Captain
Captain

Postby John Deere Jockey » November 22nd, 2017, 6:27 am

Bergan maybe rolling the dice to see how his senior season turns out??
As for Larson and DWU: this is a great pickup for DWU! I really liked Larson's game in high school and can see how a guy with his size and perimeter skill set could translate favorably to the college game.
MyloMan
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby MyloMan » November 27th, 2017, 9:25 am

As for Bergan, that doesn't surprise me. He's a bit of a risk in my opinion. Whenever I've watched him the only thing that stood out to me is his arguing with the officials.

Mason Larson to DWU is a great fit for both parties! I've been waiting to hear where he commits. I think he's underrated. Happy for him.
sdbrownie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sdbrownie » November 27th, 2017, 12:02 pm

I agree that Bergan argued with the officials in his early years. I thought he controlled his emotions much better last season. The games I saw him play were very physical and he gets no calls (example: state title game). Coaches must see something in him, as he had more D1 offers than any other player in the state.

I was quite surprised that Larson didn't go to Northern. I heard awhile back that he was offered and I definitely think he has the talent to play there. Toughen him up a little physically and he will be a stand out at DWU!!
PilcrowHardball7
Walk On
Walk On

Postby PilcrowHardball7 » January 11th, 2018, 10:36 am

softkitty wrote:DWU and Wilber are good recruiters, but you have to wonder how they consistently sign such big classes. I know that if I was being recruited to a school with 19 freshman on the roster and 3 current commits, I may be worried about playing time and/or scholarship money.
If you are a top echelon player in the state such as Larsen, you don't have to worry about 19 other recruits going to a school, as well as worry about scholarship money being offered your way. Also, if I had an opportunity to play along side Ty Hoglund for his final two years, I would jump at that opportunity 11 times out of 10.
hankb
Starter
Starter

Postby hankb » January 11th, 2018, 11:30 am

PilcrowHardball7 wrote:
softkitty wrote:DWU and Wilber are good recruiters, but you have to wonder how they consistently sign such big classes. I know that if I was being recruited to a school with 19 freshman on the roster and 3 current commits, I may be worried about playing time and/or scholarship money.
If you are a top echelon player in the state such as Larsen, you don't have to worry about 19 other recruits going to a school, as well as worry about scholarship money being offered your way. Also, if I had an opportunity to play along side Ty Hoglund for his final two years, I would jump at that opportunity 11 times out of 10.
Even if you wanted to go into engineering?
hankb (these are my opinions, and the only facts stated are that I wrote them unless otherwise specified)
PilcrowHardball7
Walk On
Walk On

Postby PilcrowHardball7 » January 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm

hankb wrote:
PilcrowHardball7 wrote:
There was nothing said previously about the academics side of school. That is a rhetorical question regarding whether your degree matches what a school can deliver for you. My statement was solely based on other comments previously that Larsen should have considered higher division basketball to play.
sdbrownie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sdbrownie » January 17th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Matthew Mohrs of Yankton (freshman) received his first offer from Creighton. Just the first of many more to come!
hankb
Starter
Starter

Postby hankb » January 18th, 2018, 4:33 pm

PilcrowHardball7 wrote:
hankb wrote:
PilcrowHardball7 wrote:[quote=
There was nothing said previously about the academics side of school. That is a rhetorical question regarding whether your degree matches what a school can deliver for you. My statement was solely based on other comments previously that Larsen should have considered higher division basketball to play.
Uhhhh.... I was kind of kidding, but really - kids should look at what they want to do for the rest of their life when they're picking out a school. Their decision shouldn't be solely based on playing basketball (or any other sport) - Just my opinion.
hankb (these are my opinions, and the only facts stated are that I wrote them unless otherwise specified)
MyloMan
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby MyloMan » January 19th, 2018, 1:02 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you whatsoever, but the "problem" is that many young adults don't know "what they want to do for the rest of their life" when they are only 18 years old. And contrary to popular belief, I think that is completely OK! They have their college years and the entirety of their lives to make those decisions.

Be kids and enjoy your high school years. You need not stress about choosing the course of your life if you're not ready to make that decision.

Happy Friday :) .
softkitty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby softkitty » March 31st, 2018, 9:13 am

Cole Bergan just committed to Northern Colorado.
sdbrownie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sdbrownie » April 3rd, 2018, 3:58 pm

Based on Bergan’s interview with PrepHoops, I had a feeling he was going to commit to a division 1 school. I thought maybe UND though. He definitely has the talent to play at that level and I think his game will translate well. Saw Northern Colorado won the CIT and have been rebuilding their program the past few years. Congrats to Cole!
CSDsportsfan1
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Postby CSDsportsfan1 » May 18th, 2018, 10:54 am

AA All-State Kaleb Walton-Blanden (RC Central) has signed to play at Gillette Junior College. Mason Archambault (RC Stevens) will be a redshirt freshman at Gillette this year. Gillette is one of the stronger JC programs in the country.
John Deere Jockey
Captain
Captain

Postby John Deere Jockey » November 4th, 2018, 10:06 pm

sdbrownie wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 4:58 pm
Matthew Mohrs of Yankton (freshman) received his first offer from Creighton. Just the first of many more to come!
Mors offers:
Creighton; Nebraska; USD; SDSU; TCU
John Deere Jockey
Captain
Captain

Postby John Deere Jockey » November 5th, 2018, 9:36 am

Noah Freidel verbal commit to Wright State and former SDSU coach Scott Nagy.