USD vs. SDSU

discuss all college sports

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

Coyote14
Walk On
Walk On

USD vs. SDSU

Postby Coyote14 » October 13th, 2017, 8:26 am

With the 2017-2018 season about to get underway, who is the top team in the Summit. SDSU is pre-season rank number 1 with USD at the number 2 spot. USD finished with a regular season championship but were knocked off by state in the second round on a buzzer beater. I am still convinced that USD is the better team. Don't get me wrong it's awesome to see that both South Dakota teams sit at the top of the summit as the best teams. Shows just how special South Dakota is. I think Coach Smith at the U and his team are going to be an unstoppable force this season. Open discussion on this GREAT rivalry.
softkitty
Rookie
Rookie

Re: USD vs. SDSU

Postby softkitty » October 13th, 2017, 11:04 am

At this point it's really coin flip as to who is better. I'm leaning more towards SDSU as Flack is a big loss on both ends of the court. If the CC transfers and freshman for SDSU come in and perform as expected, then I fully expect them to win the Summit.
bbjunky
Walk On
Walk On

Postby bbjunky » March 6th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Women's game today:
1 Duffy did not even look to pass. Even when she had 3 players on her. This is the defination of the word BALL HOG! A lot of that loss hangs on her shoulders.
2 SDSU played well but not great. USD had a tough game.
3 Jackrabbit fans were in the Sanford Center in mass. Lot's of smiles (not me) & well deserved. Good luck to Matt & the coyotes tonight. I hope we see a better game!
lynxfan
Rookie
Rookie

Postby lynxfan » April 5th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Anyone have any scoop on Mooney and his decision to look elsewhere? Sounds like he hasn't ruled out returning but it has to feel like that bridge has been burned.

I'm also hearing from 'Yote fans that he is by far not the only one who has asked for a release.

As a Rabbit fan I must say I won't miss Mooney sinking clutch shots....however, if I'm looking at the bigger picture and a more mature view: this hurts the rivalry and the Summit League as a whole. He's a great player.