Covid - 2020 season

Discuss football here

Moderator: Forum Admin Staff

coachwatch
Starter
Starter

Covid - 2020 season

Postby coachwatch » July 30th, 2020, 9:46 am

Just wondering how we expect this FB season to go. Wishing and praying it goes off, i'm sure there will be some rescrictions. But I am holding out hope that So Dakota High Schools can make this happen. Thoughts?
John Deere Jockey
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Covid - 2020 season

Postby John Deere Jockey » July 30th, 2020, 3:36 pm

I am hoping the fall season for all sports can happen. It would be a shame for the seniors in the class of 2021 to have their athletic careers jacked up. March was the beginning of a jacked up end to traditional academics. What a terrible last 5 months this has been — all because of the COVID.
I read online that one of the most progressive and aggressive governors, JB Pritzker of Illinois, just ordered that football be moved to the spring and spring sports be played in the summer of 2021.
CSDsportsfan1
Starter
Starter

Re: Covid - 2020 season

Postby CSDsportsfan1 » July 31st, 2020, 8:48 am

Argus Leader is reporting that Harrisburg and BV will be limiting attendance at fall sporting events. Harrisburg will hand out passes to athletes, cheerleaders and band members depending on the number of Covid cases in the high school. BV will be limiting attendance to parents and high school students.

Am guessing these may become the model for other schools in the state.